The worst tile job ever

Name
Ron lippold
This was non factory finished saltillio tile. Be very careful, this is the first saltillio that has give me a problem. At first look every thing seem to be standard.

PC160703.jpg

PC160702.jpg

PC160701.jpg

PC160699.jpg

after stripping i noticed we had a problem it was ployurithanie omg what a fricking night mare.

PC160705.jpg

Rex Tyus

OK, so what did you do?

EDIT:

nevermind I saw the NEW thread ( :roll: ) you started to explain.

G

Did you scrub with a degreaser after stripping; How ever did you fix that??

Name
Ron lippold
When I bid the next one I will pull a air register and inspect the side of the tile If it has been factory baked and finished it will show about 1/8 in down in the tile. I f not just run.

You dont want to know how much time I have in this job

Walt

One of the first one of those I ever did had that same problem. I thought I was going to kill myself. I think in the end I was about 700 in the hole. ouch...

John Watson

Ron, Helen and I feel you pain!!!! A year ago Nov we had one very simalar. We stripped it 3 times, What did it for us was our Cimex, used the Tile brushes but sure wish I had black pads for it.

The previous owners had 4-5 coats of different stuff flaking off in different layers.

Walt

Be really careful with black pads. It will take it off off, but you might take some of the tile with it. Been there and done that. Red slurry every where.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom