thermalwave has me banging my head againest the wall..........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
blew pin holes in the top radiator hose...replaced it....

after about a week of it running good...hose blew off fitting...repaired it....

Thermostat went out........replaced it......99.% sure I got all the air out of the system.....(?)

normally when I am warming it up..you watch the temp gauge and it climbs....now the temp gauge will move unless I am keying the trigger......once I let off...then it drops all the way down.....keep playing with trigger to get temp up then the emissions light comes on until I cool it down....

normally after I am done cleaning...I have to use my hose and run water threw it to cool it back down to shut it off....as soon as I pull the vacuum hose the needle drops....hook up hose to cool down..needle goes up....

emission light is on but it is not shutting itself down like it use to.......

not sure that the thermostat going out and the solution line water have in common....both should be there own closed loop system........

hogjowl

Idiot™
Have we ever seen a similar case of instant attention before on this, or any other, bulletin board?

I honestly don't know what to make of it.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
UGGG.... All I can think of is maybe bottom hose collapsing. Not real sure what that would have to do with anything but i would atleast check it. The other would maybe be the thermostat isnt opening properly and my last and final thought is maybe a kinked bypass hose or radiator hose.

FredC

Village Idiot
Jim

If you could please update this thread after you are contacted. Both on the help provided by SS, but more interesting to me, the ability to get codes via the MIL from the zenith ECU without any connectors/tools/software.......

could be jumper between pins...may be as simple as turning the key..........

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Does one of the heat exchangers have engine coolant going through it? You might have a hole in the exchanger messing with the cooling system.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Well, did you get the appropriate phone call?

Did the team fly in and fix your problem in your driveway?

we talked and I tried a few things but it is still giving me problems..........

right now I have a lot going on and I can say my head is not as clear as it needs to be to try and concentrate on getting this fixed.......still trying to deal with losing dad in January and getting all of that taken care of.......and now my mom is in the hospital...they are going to try to operate today (not sure yet)............there is a good chance that she may not make it threw it....due to a very bad heart condition........

so if it means that I need to build a helicopter landing pad on the top of my roof...........I will take all the help I can get at this point.........

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Jim I understand the frustration in dealing with sick parents and trying to do business as usual.

I hope and pray that your mother comes thru this.

But be prepared.

And get that TM fixed!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Sorry to hear Jim, especially for the family matters.

If you want to talk to my service manager about it, he's pretty good with Thermal Waves. His name is Jim Bane Just call 800-342-2297 and ask for "JB in service". I'll tell him to expect your call.

F

FB7777

Damn it Jim, you're the one and only Mikeyboarder I have yet to meet that I really want to.

You're a man that does everything for everyone and always puts family and friends before self.

"Life's not fair" and " it just aint right " are 2 sayings that typify what you're going through

" that sucks and I'm so sorry ". Is all I got brother

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
As much as I really need to get that truck on the road...I am done with it for a bit....I am just going to lock it up and let it sit until I can concentrate on it better.....

Thanks for the wishes....They are not going to operate until Thursday.....they cant get her blood levels back up....and that's even up in the air pending what happens these next few days.....

Pretty much her liver has shut down due to some issues.........for years she has only been running with a part of her heart...something that can not be fixed...to be honest I am suprised she out lived my Dad due to her complications.....

but because of her heart problem...her odds of getting threw this are not good......

My 570 is running strong so I am not down and out...just the time of year that I really need both of them out there...... I am losing work and taking more time working then being with her........

so for now....it can just sit........

Thanks again........

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Hi Jim sorry to hear about your mom I guess thats why i havnt been able to get a hold of you I hope it all works out. You have been a great help to us and i will be praying for you. Thanks for the pump clutch your the man. Get that address to me when you get a chance.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Best wishes to your mother Jim. Take the time you need to spend with her, you can always make more money.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
operation is over....but because she started doing bad they had to stop.....what should of taken about an hour and a half took almost 4 hours....they are going to give her about 6 weeks to recover and then they are going to go back in and finish...she will probably be another few days in hospital and then they are going to let her go home...(?)

hogjowl

Idiot™
That is good news, Jim.

Now, during that six weeks, get this TM problem solved.

So I can tell you how dumb it was to buy that over-complicated POS.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
That is good news, Jim.

Now, during that six weeks, get this TM problem solved.

So I can tell you how dumb it was to buy that over-complicated POS.

I don't really think it is all that complicated....but with everything going on I am sure I made it more complicated for myself then what it needed to be.......
Personally..I would much rather have a machine that has safety features that prevent bigger problems from happening....they are a bit more tricky to figure out but in the long they run will save you....

My machine's engine is over heating.....when it got to a certain temp it just shut down..... I would of cooked it if that safety feature was not in it......so I am not looking at replacing an entire 1.6 liter engine.....I am only looking at replacing a part................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom