These kind of cleaners drive me crazy!!!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'm not trying to insult you here, just trying help a carpet cleaner maybe use a less dangerous product as a first step. .....

.......Don't let your customers sniff the bottle.
Didn't think you were. This is just a friendly discussion Mikey's board style. Lots to be learned.

Read my actual posts, please. As I suggested, just trying to have him use an even less dangerous product as a first step, to begin with. Chances are it ain't browning at all, so why treat it as such if it may not even be necessary?

And do let your customer sniff the bottle. It is their home, their sofa, and even more important-their health.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Jim and Mikey P
Name
Nate W.
Could be that there was some really large spill that is still down in the foam. Any amount of moisture will let it wick up. ?
Ding Ding Ding!!

If that's the case, bag the cushion with a trash bag and put the cushion back in the fabric casing... Clean it, dry it and remove the bag after...

Same process we use for cleaning Down feather cushions with the "humidity spots" aka "Orange stains" caused from the fire retardant.....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
You might be pulling out the big guns before you have to. Rather than sodium percarbinate and hydrogen peroxide, (both of which are bleaching agents) you might try esteam browning treatment, spray it on coarsely and use a soft brush to agitate. Rinse with a neutral to slightly acidic detergent and light spray again with the browning treatment. This appears to be cellulosic browning which the browning treatment was designed for.

i don't believe there is any cellulose in that, looks like left over dirt just wicked out.

Reactions: ruff

Ron K

When I see something like that its not Overwetting it's Underwetting. To me, looking at that spot, it looks like, it was spot cleaned. What I mean is the proper techniques toPre-condition Aggitate Rinse/Flush and Dry the entire surface were not used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom