They will do it cheaper...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Been working with a client, that was moving into a new office building...

Bit disorganized...who am I kidding...quite a bit...

First time we were supposed to clean the place (a month ago) they were not even close to ready.

Reschedule again...work with the contractor on dates...

Went there again to measure up now since office walls changed....

Construction debris (sawdust, sheetrock dust) paint on carpet....ground in soils....

A mess...

Gave price...scheduled now for this coming Monday....

5 pm today (Friday)....They called and wonder if we can come down in price....another cleaner will do it for .08 cents per sq foot cheaper and building owner now price shopping....told them with all the soils figure an hour with 2 of us vacuuming (since they didn't) and crevice tool detailing...and going to have to scrub good and use Zipper SS Super Spinners...(no one else has anything better than 2 jet scratch wands, no vacuum and no agitation)...

They go for the .02 cent reduction...pick up the key on Monday...We will turn the heat up over the weekend like you suggested (has been about 40 degrees in the building)

I have been working with this project past 2 months to go check of carpets can be cleaned....what about this Mark? Will you be careful around the new paint, laminate floors, and new walls...and can you try and get the paint stripe off the carpet...blah, blah, blah....

another 15 minutes later....Ring....another company will do it for 16 cents per sq foot cheaper (my wife answered the phone)

I didn't even have to say no...she just says "we hope it works out for you"....we will take you off the schedule.... BOOM!

Guess we will move someone else into that spot or will play with the Grandkids...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Good for you Mark. There is always someone who will do it cheaper. There is never anyone who will do it better. They will probably call you after they the other guys in to see if you can fix what they couldn't.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Good for you Mark. There is always someone who will do it cheaper. There is never anyone who will do it better. They will probably call you after they the other guys in to see if you can fix what they couldn't.

I will be raising the price if they call to fix later...because I know their timeline for moving in....and i know what will possibly happen too....

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
When I quote the price for a job, (which isn’t often), I never discount the price. I learned this years ago dealing with insurance adjusters. If you give a discount to your quoted price, you have just confirmed that you overcharged them.
Quote it and forget it, they will call if they respect your companies reputation.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Why do we keep discussing this?
Every week or so somebody advertises that they’ve said no to a price shopper!

I thing you people are insecure hacks posing as high price cleaners!

Gosh @hogjowl Saiger never has these problems it’s like he lets you into his world and you shat on it!

Thanks @Mark Saiger for revealing your human like the rest of us!

Shame on Marty!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
And as of just a few minutes ago... I just filled the morning block with 2 easier jobs (making same amount of money they offered us to clean all of their trashed carpet) and will make that money with less square footage and less stress.

And we actually booked another job after those for same amount of money that was projected for the day.

Sometimes... Just need to be patient and determined.

And with a Facebook post, we might recruit more.

Will see how hard we want to work... Or work on our Marty afternoon naps

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
You did the right thing by walking away from this drama.
I have a local dealership that always waits till a couple days before their “annual” inspection to call to see if we can squeeze them in. In the past I have done everything in our power to fit them in and get it done. Last year when I went to do the carpet, I arrived at closing time to start, they had a couple of deals they were trying to finish up, made me stand for 45 minuets.
This year told them NO!!!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
You did the right thing by walking away from this drama.
I have a local dealership that always waits till a couple days before their “annual” inspection to call to see if we can squeeze them in. In the past I have done everything in our power to fit them in and get it done. Last year when I went to do the carpet, I arrived at closing time to start, they had a couple of deals they were trying to finish up, made me stand for 45 minuets.
This year told them NO!!!
Has there been a "this year" yet....
Bet not! Knowing dealerships the way I do.....I can tell you those two deals meant way more than some pissy over charging carpet cleaner....

F

FB7777

Why do we keep discussing this?
Every week or so somebody advertises that they’ve said no to a price shopper!

I thing you people are insecure hacks posing as high price cleaners!

Thanks for climbing down from the balcony Waldorf and making the Post of the Month

For all you " the client is cheap and is gonna get a shit job" ... '16 cents cheaper' is a sizable difference is cost

Not everyone that charges less than you sucks

Maybe the guy couldn't justify paying that much money for a Zipper Spinner Circus complete with glowing neon truck:stir:

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
No need to be cheap. My goal is actually to be the highest priced cleaner. (In my area) It’s scary at times, but repeat clients are always pulling through. It’s almost comical how people complain about the low priced cleaners. I don’t go along with it, but do want to laugh at some of the stories I hear.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Very aggravating. I get a sick little thrill when people go with a cheaper guy. I know there are extremly few cleaners that do the stuff I do in my area. I also love it when they refuse to use me because my minimum is too high, but it has saved me a lot of frustration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Has there been a "this year" yet....
Bet not! Knowing dealerships the way I do.....I can tell you those two deals meant way more than some pissy over charging carpet cleaner....
Actually they called Friday, business is business, I charged them for my time and refused this year

Reactions: Nomad74

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Actually they called Friday, business is business, I charged them for my time and refused this year
Soooo...let me try to unnerstand. ...you turned down a dealership over waiting 45 min....
Yor a carpet cleaner NOT a brain surgeon. ...
When things go south in this country and you are eating grubs outta yor back yard......remember this!

F

FB7777

Look Nostradumbass or Armageddondumberby the minute

There is no impending doom on the horizon, stop surfing the gloomy web

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I can understand if someone wants to shop around for a service in their price range,

but it's when you waste that service time (my time) , and you really want them but don't want to pay their rate, you need to move on.

If they wanted that less expensive service, they should have called them to begin with and used their time for all their little questions and concerns. ( I could have been out making money during those 4 free visits)

So for me...I will move on with my super lit truck, with many fancy dangled cleaning items....and go make more money with those that want to pay my price...

And by the way....I won't be using this guys service either.....

He is a psychology clinic....and I wasn't crazy enough to lower my price to almost half off! :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom