This a good Truck mount?

Pro/Cons and how does it compare to a boxxer 421?
791_1714rJ8E6sehso1l.jpg

Bob Foster

Who owned it?
What kind of work was it mostly used for (commercial residential restoration)?
Was it an owner - operator run unit or an employee run unit?
Hours?
How many owners has it had?

Bob Foster said:
Who owned it?
What kind of work was it mostly used for (commercial residential restoration)?
Was it an owner - operator run unit or an employee run unit?
Hours?
How many owners has it had?

I have no idea... Are thes e agood unit new? This the same model as the 405?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
It can be a good machine if it wasn't beaten up. It's much bigger than a 421. How much are they asking?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
figure out what the van is worth, I wouldn't pay more than 7k for the machine prolly less. that of course is if the machine is in top notch running condition. those machines are great machines, its has a smaller blower than the 405 but just as much heat. IMO the machine is not a dual wand machine, it however is all the machine a single wand operator ever needs. the motors are bullet proof, the machine will have a few quirks, but If the machine where mine, it would be as reliable as an airplane.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
A guy I used to work for had a 405 and he rarely had trouble with his. It was a great machine in my opinion but I didn't know a lot about the machines design and still don't but the machine's engine was water cooled and ran very strong.

It wasn't the easiest machine to work on.. everything was tucked away in tight, hard to reach places. I guess that is only a problem if you aren't mechanically inclined or don't have the tools to do the work needed. He brought his to Jondon about 65-70 miles away for regular servicing. I see a lot of these on the market.. overpriced I think. It seems owners think the reliable reputation it worth asking a few grand over what it's really worth.

Did you outgrow your Boxxer 421 or are you having trouble with it?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
4mp blower-same as your boxer 45 for vacuum. nissan engine will outlast a aircooled briggs 4-1. If you shop the performer everyone seems to price it higher than it should be. Still go to KBB.com and get a price on the van and add 5,000-7000 or so for the TM. Just my opinion.

I would not buy any of the loder prochem machines. Prochem does not support that machine. Just to name some of the parts that are discontiuned. The waste tank, lower control panel, the nissan engine.

Steve

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I have had my 405 for about 10 months now and I love it. Haven't had one problem with the machine so far. The only difference is in the blower size, the performer has the 45 and 405 has a 47.

MerCrewser

Its a good machine, I just wouldnt pay that much. 8 years old and it looks beat up in the pics. Mine is 10 yrs old, has alot more hours and looks way better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom