This is my 10" Crb...

Name
Scott Turknett
IMG_4200.JPG
... there are many other like it, but this is mine!

The Whittaker so I got the arch handle.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
There's some kind of magic that happens when you lay a quality product on the carpet and lubricate the fibers. It just wants to let go of all the hair and loose debris that results from the CRB scrub.

Congrats on the new machine. You will love it! I wish I would have been using one 10 years ago!

Name
Scott Turknett
There's some kind of magic that happens when you lay a quality product on the carpet and lubricate the fibers. It just wants to let go of all the hair and loose debris that results from the CRB scrub.

Congrats on the new machine. You will love it! I wish I would have been using one 10 years ago!
I started using crb 2 years ago, and I now don't offer non-crb scrubbed cleaning on residential

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
View attachment 72835 ... there are many other like it, but this is mine!

The Whittaker so I got the arch handle.

That's a nice machine. One of the originals if not thee original cylindrical carpet machines. Not sure but Whittacke has had em for years before the 'me too's came along. If you take notice, most vary from the Whittacker.

Btw in 10+ yrs never had to change the gears. Just pay attention around cords you'll be fine.
Also get green, blue and white brushes for light to restorative aggressive agitation.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Bought my 15 inch whittaker around 03. It has a rotowash emblem on the handle

Mikey P

Administrator
Raf I bought my 17 in 01.

But Whittiker has the same Austrian manufacturer make them for them as 80% or more of those me too companies do.

Brush Pro
Brush Encap
MasterBlend and 100s of others

All the same.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I started using crb 2 years ago, and I now don't offer non-crb scrubbed cleaning on residential
What about berber carpet? I don't see a need to crb berber. I think we need to go twice as slow with vacuuming the carpet before we prespray. But with the berber loops...I don't think agitating will help. Prevaccuming and longer dwell time for berber.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
What about berber carpet? I don't see a need to crb berber. I think we need to go twice as slow with vacuuming the carpet before we prespray. But with the berber loops...I don't think agitating will help. Prevaccuming and longer dwell time for berber.

Wrong.

Berber is absolutely positively benefiting from crb.

Name
Scott Turknett
I have nearly zero wicking issues on any job that I crb, loop pile included

Reactions: dealtimeman

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I have nearly zero wicking issues on any job that I crb, loop pile included
I wasn't worried about any wicking. I just think it's a waste of time and labor, due to the carpet being tightly looped. If you can't separate and move the carpet fibers like you can on a cut pile, it defeats the purpose of going over it with a crb.

I love my CRB. I use it almost all the time. Just not on berber.

Name
Scott Turknett
I rarely bother putting my 175 on my van any more. Maybe 3-4 times a year. I would rather do an extra pass with the crb and have half the weight to carry. My rotary extractor hasn't been used in over a year. I guess I should just sell it

Reactions: SCC and HWEOnly

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I need a 175... Should i get just 175 or 175/300 combo?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I rarely bother putting my 175 on my van any more. Maybe 3-4 times a year. I would rather do an extra pass with the crb and have half the weight to carry. My rotary extractor hasn't been used in over a year. I guess I should just sell it
The CRB is awesome and all but there's definitely many cases where nothing will touch what the rotary can accomplish.

With such little effort too.

I really think there is no more valuable tool, to a 1 man "crew".

The CRB shines when running 2 men on the truck.

Reactions: Mikey P and Able 1

steve_64

What do you need repaired?
Bearings. I'll need to grind out the old ones first. I'm sure I can find bearings to match around here. I haven't been feeling to well so it's on the back burner half tore apart on the work bench.
I'm going to try and replace screws with hex nuts too.

Reactions: Able 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom