This is the end....

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Again, other than you feel it would show great customer service, why should Butler take a loss on this?
I don't think Mark is blaming Butler. But now that Mark's bad news is out there Butler is taking a big hit.
I am told that more than 11 people have decided to not purchase the Butler. My Butler representative just told me he knew of a order cancellation that morning because of Mark's troubles. Butler is getting emails too. So they are taking a big loss on this. They need to do something dramatic at this point to recover their Brand and stop the bleeding. I also believe they will. Anyway that is my opinion.

FredC

Village Idiot
Well those people are pretty fn dumb is all I have to say. Which alternative is it that they think leads to a GM warranty issue getting fixed by a truckmount manufacturer?

If they say "I'm not going to buy/put a unit in a GM van cause this one guy in the internet had an issue" it is a stretch but I can see it

but to say I'm not going to buy a Butler because they won't fix an issue others are responsible for is :numfi:

and I never said Mark was blaming Butler.

Last edited:

ButlerFrank

Name
Frank Ellerker
Shady practices, in how famous they’ve been on the news media ever since the government bought them out. And their massive recalls that were ignored.

I don't know about shady, but they absolutely are incompetent at the dealer and regional level in that area.
It's pathetic. How some VP hasn't been on a plane to Grand Rapids lighting a fire with the owner of that dealer after this amount of time is beyond all common business sense.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Well those people are pretty fn dumb is all I have to say. Which alternative is it that they think leads to a GM warranty issue getting fixed by a truckmount manufacturer?

If they say "I'm not going to buy/put a unit in a GM van cause this one guy in the internet had an issue" it is a stretch but I can see it

but to say I'm not going to buy a Butler because they won't fix an issue others are responsible for is :numfi:

and I never said Mark was blaming Butler.
I agree that Butler has a wonderful reputation with selling a high quality product. It’s a shame that GM can’t communicate worth a crap.

FredC

Village Idiot
I don't know about shady, but they absolutely are incompetent at the dealer and regional level in that area.

That is what I see.

The only thing I can think that has the potential for shadiness is if they cracked it open and realized it is crank/flexplate issue which could mean a new engine and they don't want to do that.

but given all the other stuff they replaced that seems unlikely

Edit: Talking with my dad (every ase certificate they have) and his first thought was cat and then starter....but I think he just likes to disagree with me :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I have been following this post since the start. It is funny how it has taken a turn from Mikey having issues with his V to Mark having issues with his GM vehicle.

As some of you know, we have a few Butlers in our fleet. We have purchased Butlers exclusively since 1984 and over the years have had issues both with GM and with Butler. When it has been a Butler issue, they have always stepped up to the plate and taken care of the problem. Their warranty is really second to none in the industry.

When it comes to GM, they have also taken care of us. We are in a larger metro area and have many different dealers we can work with, so if there are issues at one dealer, we can always go to another one a couple of miles down the road. Mark doesn't have that option unfortunately and is stuck with a lemon of a dealer. Keep in mind also that the dealer is a franchise of sorts and is an independent businessman. They do the warranty work on the vehicle and are reimbursed for labor and parts by the manufacturer.

Butler has worked with both GM and Ford to make sure that their system does not void the vehicles warranty. We actually see the Butler people here in Detroit from time to time when they are in town looking at the next year's model to make sure there isn't something new coming down the line that might be an issue with the Butler system install.

Mark's issue is 100% on his local dealer. The dealer obviously has a mechanic that doesn't know what he is doing and is just changing parts to try and fix a problem that he doesn't understand. They have resources that can help and in this case should reaching out out to the regional GM rep (an actual GM employee) to get help. Or in this case, Mark is getting the regional GM rep involved himself.

I hope the issue is resolved quickly and to his satisfaction.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Last hijack of Mikey's Thread.... And posted in Bawbs post about Butler stepping up

OK here is an update.

The GM regional Rep called Butler today (heard about my social media post from another dealer)

AGAIN BUTLER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THIS TROUBLE.

THE BUTLER HAS NOT CAUSED ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS!

This is a local dealership and regional problem. I had asked it to be moved to another dealer and even Butler asked but the region rep doesn't want to do that yet.

Someone at GM is giving (and getting) incorrect information.... And no one there moving things along.

Butler talked with the Rep and Tom from Butler even told them he would fly out to listen and help determine the cause so I cannot ask for more from Butler at this moment.

Tom from Butler made some good diagnostic comments with the rep and the rep has said he will call to start with putting on a starter.

I don't care where they start just get the thing off the lot and a mechanic on it!

Today we needed both vans as we have Austin back working too (thankfully) guys will be working until 8 pm probably because only one van.

When super busy hits we need both!

That's my update.

(and I don't know if Tom from Butler really knows how cold it is there! Or knows it takes a flying culvert with wings, a unicorn... and a couple sled dog teams)

Name
Steve Lawrence
Wow, Mark. Sorry, but I'm glad you got that van with your new Butler and not me. Also, glad it's winter or you would really be screwed royally.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I bought units off of Butler for 25 years, although slow to respond on some issues (like all but one company in this industry) they usually got it fixed in the end. GM's customer satisfaction and district representatives are terrible. After buying probably 15 new vehicle from GM I switched to Isuzu, Aerotech and BMW, couldn't be happier.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

How's that possible?
Did Marty and Chavez elope and now reside on an island with no wifi?.......

images

.L.T.A.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Man if only someone would have told you years ago that this is going to happen and given you some advise, you might not be dealing with this now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
It's running a route but we still are trying to squeeze in a new muffler..

Luckily today's jobs aren't dirty as they won't be getting much heat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom