This should be interesting....

Mikey P

Administrator
20180106_123346.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Is this going to be the next "Best" thing? You move too fast. I still haven't got my red handle :)

And good morning.. My day should be interesting. My notes say my first job requested I wear booties. Here I go.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Never ever used a cuff myself on a hose. If they come with cuffs I just remove them.
And always used stainless 2 inch thinwall tubing for joiners.
Zero leaks.

Reactions: SamIam

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Is this going to be the next "Best" thing? You move too fast. I still haven't got my red handle :)

And good morning.. My day should be interesting. My notes say my first job requested I wear booties. Here I go.
20180106_123633.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Jeff T
DO NOT GLUE THE CUFFS ONTO THE HOSE. If you do, that cuff is useless if you get a split etc... use Teflon pipe tape, wrap the hose about 3-4 times, twist on the cuff.... and yes, SS connectors are the cats back end.... you lose the ability to have the hose swivel, BUT YOU ALSO LOSE SUCTION AT THAT JOINT.....this is exactly why I suggested doing just this a few months ago..... EVERY SPOT THAT HAS A CONNECTION, WILL LEAK AIR IF SOMETHING IS NOT DONE ABOUT IT..... take the time to ‘fix the leaks’, and a guy will be amazed at the results.....
VIVA LA SCREAMING WAND!!!!!

Reactions: vibra-vacster

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
DO NOT GLUE THE CUFFS ONTO THE HOSE. If you do, that cuff is useless if you get a split etc

not "glue", but 100% silicone works great

if/when hose tears/split happens and cut/recuff is needed, you don't "unscrew" the cuff, you grab a rib of hose with visegrips and pull .
It tears/pulls right out in a long curly rib string

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So use electrical like Teflon tape?

thats a first....

yep...that is all I have ever used since day one........tighter fit and last much longer.......

make sure you put it on the same direction that the cuff screws on so it tightens the tape...not backwards so it loosens it...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
and when you are wrapping it..... don't forget..in the world of vacuum hoses and cuffs.....righty tighty... lefty lucy...goes completely out the window....

Name
Jeff T
What's next? Is someone going to start using a cheese grater to make a Fels prespray?
To late Damon, I already make ‘Fels Gel’ from left over Fels nubs.... use it to clean shyte area rugs in the shop..... works fookin great..... 360i BH to scrub/rinse....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom