Those Innovative Monkey Pad guys...

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I'm open minded and think there's a place for them. Dana also sells diamond pads so I don't think he's saying that they will take their place. Definitely one step better then just powder polish alone. It will solve the problem of overpolishing a floor just to get some etching out.

Dana, if you're out in San Jose I'd love to try them on my garage (90sft) of about 30 diferent types of marbles. We'll video tape it and will benefit your business.

Albert

D

DANA KOTHRADE

Wow, this is an active board! Great resource. I'm going to start sending people here to contribute. Many good points made in previous posts. Yes we sell diamonds and powders, the monkey pads are great for maint. Instead of crystallized and light restoration for those trying to break into stone. I don't see them lowering price/ ft across the board. There is simply no substitute for solid training and experience. The craftsman will always rule stone restoration. They will however let you start off risk free or get techs out doing easy stuff while the craftsman handles the heavy work. I think it's great that your more seasoned stone guys give freely of themselves to support other members. I'm looking forward to the upcoming tele conference. You can purchase the pads at Proline in Sacramento or San carlos if you don't want to pay for shipping. They should have stock soon.

Bob Foster

Just a reminder that Dana will be in the Greenhorn Room next week and he will be showing new videos that most haven't been seen.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I have a friend / competitor that uses the wax after going to Dana's class and swears by it. Magic Al has a cream for granite polishing that he introduced last MF. It's more of a mechanical polish and would seem to hold up better then wax (non-topical). MB also had a killer granite cream that he demoed when I took his class. It wasn't out on the market yet and I don't know if they ever finished the final testing before putting it out.

Albert

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I tried the Norton Diamond Polishing pads on a travertine floor & was very disappointed, the pads are blue, not a good choice in dyes...I had a hell of a time cleaning the grout, I did a side by side with a 400 grit Norton & 400 grit powder, the powder honed the floor 10 times better then the Norton so I cant wait to hear about some Monkey side by side tests.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom