tile and grout

G

whats everyone using for prespray for very dirty grout lines. i tryed judson didnt work that great,i have a small blue grout brush for the grout lines to work it in is that whats everyone using. i need help whats about the best grout line cleaner. camp

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Nearly everyone here has switched to Prochems Professional Tile and Grout Cleaner. A few still use Viper Venom or Mixed-Rites but Prochem has taken over after they try it.

G

just cleaning the grout i have not done a lot i have used something called fizzle and breakdown from synthec and judson prespray not relly good luck with each im looking for what is really good out there and what is everyoe using to agitate the grout lies im using the grout brush on a pole

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
As John said the Prochem tile cleaner is an execllent choice as is Viper Venom. For ceramics you could go with an acid based cleaner and that will give you better results on the grout lines. The grout brush on a pole is a good choice as an aggitator.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
The two best I've used...

Magic Wand's Oxyblaster
Cobb's Powermax

I rarely agitate the grout lines. If you take that extra step, you'll definitely see results.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

Does Prochem's have sodium percarb like Oxyblaster?

http://prochem.com/products/index.php?id=8.695-070.0

I use prochem powerburst or viper renew acid cleaner for all tile cleanings. To answer your question about sodium percarbonate: prochem has a product for pet stain and odor removal called Odor Rescue which is the same thing as pros choice OSR which is a powdered cleaning agent. I add OSR to carpet shampoo like the prochem axiom shampoo etc to clean very dirty traffic lanes with a 175 or to clean upholstery with a horsehair brush. The shampoo-OSR combo to me is the best combination for restoring dirty traffic lanes or upholstery. For delicate upholstery you can add buff all to the solution to lower the ph. You can add the OSR to your pre-spray, but use a little and make sure your sprayer has a pressure relief valve because the OSR releases oxygen which will cause a pressure build up. This is why I prefer to add it to a bucket of shampoo solution and rotary shampoo carpet with a 175 as opposed to just adding it to my prespray.

I cleaned a sofa today with a lot of unknown stains and a few blood stains and the shampoo-OSR combo got every stain out. I think I am through simply applying pre-spray and extracting upholstery. I have a lot of confidence in regular carpet shampoo, but when I got my truckmount I quit using is as much. I am definetlely going to be using dry-foam or shampoo more often for sure.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
My tm will do 2K+psi, but with scrub and dwell, rarely need more than 1K.

Also, I have trouble with connectors (brass and ss) failing over about 1,800 psi.

your are sadly mistaken if you think Powermax or any other carpet prespray is as good as Prochem tile cleaner or venom for that matter...more bullllllllltein hoax hype.

Ive tried it mutli times it simply dosent work, floor stripper is better than your carpet prespray.

G

The best tile & grout cleaner is $7 a gallon floor striper!!!!! hands down!!!!!

I mix it at 16oz a gallon

Now you will get private emails from suppliers not to use it but thats what its for!!!!!

Go down to HD or Lowes, hey for $7 just try it!!!!!!

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
So curtis,

My eyes must be bad? When the job turns out well, I should assume your juice would do better?

GMAFB

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
There are tons of products that will do a killer job. I can hardly believe some of the dilution rates on some of them though. Viper Venom for example....are you kidding me? Two checks against that one. Dilution for one, and smell for two. I really don't know why someone would work with that stuff.

Mikey P

Administrator
I gave a bid for this job @ Xmas.

They went with a cheaper company that would also clean the whole place (empty rental)
While they got the tile clean the grout still looked like shit.

I recleaned with Oxyblaster, some Restore and regrouted where needed.

After the low baller did it..
P1000230.jpg

P1000229.jpg

And after I did it..

P1000242.jpg

Some one had already color sealed it years ago I wanted to try and touch it up but no go. So we spread some acrylic fortified grout over the stained areas and filled some loose areas.

The whole floor needs to be ripped out in reality but they want one more tenant out of it.

P1000239.jpg

P1000240.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I agree with Mikey on the need for powder oxidizer in Grout Cleaning.

Our PowerMax will do a good job on grout ....
with the addition of our Powder Brightener to restore the grout color.

On bad jobs, I just sprinkle the Powder Brightener over the presprayed PowerMax solution.

The combo gives very good results with a breathable environment.

The PC product & floor stripper solutions will choke techs & customers.

Viper Renew is a good final treatment when required (also hard to breathe).

Larry Cobb

G

so its power max and power brightner this is better than prochem cleaner im about to get something that works good and vipervenom final treatement is it better to clean with 900 psi than 600

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Viper Renew would be the final treatment. That's if you weren't happy with the original results. More often than not, I don't even need that step.

900 psi would be good.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
One company in AZ just used Viper Renew, no alkaline. Had pretty good results from what I hear.

That would scare me. With all the stainless out there, I like to minimize my use of acids. Things happen.

Rex Tyus

Blue Monarch said:
One company in AZ just used Viper Renew, no alkaline. Had pretty good results from what I hear.

That would scare me. With all the stainless out there, I like to minimize my use of acids. Things happen.

I saw a demo once where the guy went straight to the renew. I expressed concern about not removeing the oily top layer with the acid only. He made me look like an idiot. It turned out REALLY well. Don't know that I would ever feel comfortable doing it that way either but it did turn out well.

G

If it needs restored then acid,maintained use other cleaners.Once you restore it you should be able to maintain it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry Cobb said:
I agree with Mikey on the need for powder oxidizer in Grout Cleaning.

Our PowerMax will do a good job on grout ....
with the addition of our Powder Brightener to restore the grout color.

On bad jobs, I just sprinkle the Powder Brightener over the presprayed PowerMax solution.

The combo gives very good results with a breathable environment.

The PC product & floor stripper solutions will choke techs & customers.

Viper Renew is a good final treatment when required (also hard to breathe).

Larry Cobb

Sound advice.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
An acid cleaner with butyl added or acid cleaner with citra boost. Mix together, apply to wet floor, aggitate with brush or we like brush machines. Steam off. Works almost every time.

Can you add powdered brightner or liquid brightner to the heavy duty floor stripper?

Steve Lillard said:
The best tile & grout cleaner is $7 a gallon floor striper!!!!! hands down!!!!!

I mix it at 16oz a gallon

Now you will get private emails from suppliers not to use it but thats what its for!!!!!

Go down to HD or Lowes, hey for $7 just try it!!!!!!
Mikey P said:
Floor Strippers can work great but some time you just need the power of peroxide.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
carpet cleaner,
carpet cleaner said:
Can you add powdered brightner or liquid brightner to the heavy duty floor stripper?
Sure you can.
Our HD floor stripper ($7.75/gal.) & powder brightener will do a good job of cleaning grout.

The high stripper pH will be irritating to work with.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom