Tile Cleaning Question

Farenheit251

I don't clean alot of residential,mostly rentals and restaurants. I've gotten by with just a turbo and a grout brush. Most of the tile jobs for rentals and restaurants are more about getting the filth off than detail. I'd like to be able to get the edges and corners better as the brush isn't doing the job, but don't want to invest a fortune in detail tools. Hydroforce has a little 3 inch wand with a gun on top for I think $279. Will it work as a good all around detailer?

TimP

A wand is about the best thing for detailed areas. I bought a gecko tool to edge with....can't say it's that great. As far as scrubbing, the grout brush is about the only thing that will do. Just scrub against the baseboard and rinse it with the wand. The turbo is awesome for the open areas though.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I use the Turbo tool for the open areas and I love it. I have a Gecko tool and eh, it works pretty ok I guess. I need a detail tool that gets a little closer and under cabs better. The spray on the gecko doesn't go to the edge of the tool either. Only a path area of and inch or so...maybe a little more.

Farenheit251

Thanks, Ron,Jeff and Brian. I didn't realize how limited that tool was. I'll try my glided pmf 802 that I never use. I think this board just saved me almost 300 bucks.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Do you guys use the gecko angled corner attachment or the original head. My customers that have bought the corner tool love it and say it does a great job.

Mikey P

Administrator
Spray along the edges and hit them with your blue brush. Be careful not to let water stand by particle type board base boards or they will swell like Odin at a free Howard Partridge luncheon.

In most cases a little turbo tilt will do just fine followed by a quick towel off.
If that doesn't cut it use your glided wand.

All those edge tools designed for tile are crap.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Calm down, eat some tofu and take a joke man. Actually I don't have one in stock right now and it's Sierra Cleaning Systems! :p

diamond brian

Mikey P said:
Spray along the edges and hit them with your blue brush. Be careful not to let water stand by particle type board base boards or they will swell like Odin at a free Howard Partridge luncheon.

Now, that's genuinely funny!

On corners and under baseboards, try picking up the Turbo and aiming your jets at the areas you cannot get to from a few inches away. Works for me.

TimP

The gecko edge tool sucks!! You can't even get it under cabinets, and it takes great pains to even get the thing on the edges where it rinses mediocre at best. Wand or lift turbo trick is the only way to do it. Towels help too!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm afraid to get any moisture even near a baseboard.
If anyone finds a tool that works let me know.

Did someone say a glided wand...do you mean a carpet wand? Would that spray everywhere?

Spurling

Home Depot sells a heavy duty grout brush .. looks like a giant tooth brush (stiff bristles) and they also have a grout scraping tool .. carbide blade .. gently rub on grout for those hard to reach areas and towel off .. works for me .. most of the time I spray detergent and use the giant toothbrush ..that works well

TimP

Water isn't going to hurt baseboards unless submerged for a long time. Or some crappy wood that has no point being on the ground. Think about this brain fart.....mops get the baseboards just as wet as we do with a turbo etc...... :idea:

G

I only worry (tape up) baseboards if I have to use an acid, but I hear you Mikey on the press board, if it is scratched or water gets behind it you better bring some sand paper and paint.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom