tile cleaning question

JoeClean

New to tile cleaning and when checking up on a job a few days later I found a few small areas in the kitchen that the grout looked a little darker. Like maybe a little grease was missed.

Also in the bathrooms I had a spot in front of each toilet where the grout looked darker.

What's the best way to touch these up without setting up the whole sheebang. (3 floors up.)

Do you guys have something I could carry for touchups on the grout in front of the toilet?
What about a little bottle of like toilet bowl cleaner?

Suggestions for difficult areas during the cleaning process and help for touchups after would be appreciated.

Thank you much.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Joe - along w/ Cobb's comment, I would add - start selling color sealing - give them options.

Reactions: J Scott W

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry's tip is good, sometimes a tile saw can be used to gently scrape some stained grout off the top as well.

Color seal yes, or just unsanded grout in the same color mixed with concrete fortifier can be "painted" over the top as well.

JoeClean

If you were just touching up a small area later, how would you neutralize or rinse the acid grout cleaner without full setup

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
When cleaning t & g I always have two trigger spray bottles that I take in. One with stronger alkaline and one with acid grout cleaner. I use those for the tougher spots. For follow ups I take in the same two bottles. Hit the dark spots with acid and brush it. Follow that with the alkaline and use a towel to get it as dry as possible. One thing to keep in mind is that grout can "stain" like carpet does. Some spots may never clean out completely. If you want to take the grout down past the stain and re-grout, that's up to you. I don't.

Ray

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I use acid cleaner to touch up with terry towel a wire brush sometimes, the acid will usually pull it then another towel with water to rinse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

bob519

Name
Bob
The small stains around the toilet are most likely urine acid. They are not coming out . I make a point to set expectations .
Best of luck!

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom