Tile Estimate

G

I have a chance to bid a 5 thousand square foot tile job. I usually charge 1 dollar a square foot,(just clean and no seal) but I know these people will not pay 5 grand for the job. It should take me and a helper probably 8-10 hours with op and turbo. what do you think is the lowest I should bid. I live in Aptos Ca.

Jeff Powell

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Materials, daily over head & wages + your desired level of profit. Id probably do it for $3k.... But I'm a low balling hack.

Mikey P

Administrator
Nobody here but you knows what you need to make to stay profitable Jeff.

If you're bidding against Stanley or one of them Hombres from Watsonville you better plan on going under .40 if you want the job.

Jimbo

Hey Jeff! Why not sweeten the deal and bid it at 98 cents/square...including sealing? Maybe use a less expensive sealer than the top-line stuff...but you could still deposit the bigger check!- Jim

KeithCo

Name
Keith Collins
I'm in Watsonville. I'd do it for .07 a foot including Dry Treat.

Jeff, don't get hung up on sq. ft.

Figure 16 hours of labor per the hourly dollar mark you need.
Throw in 5% for product and 10% for screw ups or re-visits.

G

I just bidded 3200 sq ft at .30 to clean. GL trying to get 1.00

C

carlos reynaga

There is a ton of money @.50 or less a sqft.If you charge $1000 and only had to work a 8-10 hr day for it, would you be happy :D , or sad :( . Mike is right, only you know what is profitable, and to me that would be a nice Lil profit.
If you dont want to do it for less than a buck a sqft, tell them you know a "mojay" who will and give him my number: 1800-pick your own lettuce.
Carlos

Greenie

too funny D.Smith

"Equip Brands you make, or promote.: this is stupid as I dont promote anything but is required to update."

btw: you are a DooDaddy shill so at least give him his free ad and put it in your profile, that's what that section is there for.

Fon Johnson

Keith..

Was your price of seven cents psf correct, or did you mean seventy cents psf? I'm a low ball hack, but I'd have trouble making money at $350.. :shock:

BTW, why will the alt. keyboard not work when posting here?

Fon Johnson

LOL... Yeah, now the last part of his post makes more sense.. :lol:

No, I can use escape to kill tweety. I can't use the alternate keyboard to post symbols such as :cents:. nothing happens...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom