Tile&grout quote-several areas/rooms

Abigail

Name
Stacy
I went to a home today to do a quote. The kitchen was standard with an island, but she also had a 160sf(roughly) dining area, two hallways, a laundry room, bathroom and pantry.
The sf is over 400, but because of the many areas she wants done and all the nooks and crannies that will need to be done by hand, I quoted it at $250. This is cleaning only.
She is angry and wants me to 'honor' a coupon I had out several months ago. This coupon was $89 per area. She wants me to deem this entire tiled area as 2 areas or less, wanting the quote to be under $160.

Your thoughts?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
When does you coupon expire?

What is the size of the area stated in your coupon?

Are there any other stipulations stated on the coupon for your coupon to be valid?

If everything is correct then I say honor you coupon and build your customer base and exceed her expectations. And turn the situation around.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Depends what the ad says.

At your stage i would do it anyway, you need 50-100 jobs until figuring this stuff out.
Nothing will prepare you more then live job experience.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
She is angry and wants me to 'honor' a coupon I had out several months ago.
Your thoughts?

The key here is you have a prospective client who attempting to intimidate you with anger and trying to dictate your business practices to you. Veterans here will tell you that this is the same type of person who will find fault with every little detail of the job, demand additional visits, and perhaps in the end not pay you anyway. This is also the type of client who files claims for damage that was preexisting but not noted on your work order.

Be very careful working for angry/demanding people. It rarely ends well for the cleaner.

Reactions: dealtimeman

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I agree with above with the thought of handling the whole situation well so you dont have one of those reviewers that leaves reviews for a company they never were serviced by.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
How does someone learn how to do this stuff?

How will a rookie ever learn what their real costs are?

From anonymous posters on the internet.... :errf:

Tubmaster

Name
Gary Reed
With the right equipment you should be fine with the $160. In and out 1.5 hrs max with $100 an hour plus in your pocket. Just got to take the good with the bad. Manage expectations and possibly up sell some color seal. Make sure and tell her not to tell her neighbors about the great deal you gave her;)

Abigail

Name
Stacy
With the areas to be done I can't possibly believe I will be out of there in less than 3-4 hours: not only am I new, but I have a portable unit, there is a lot of hand work to be done. I am renting a gecko because I have just a 360i.

Can anyone confirm if this is the sealing product discussed in the sealing thread. I'll also ask there. Thanks so much.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=1223

She is accepting my price if I do the sealing as well. Which I agreed to do

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Good for you stacy.

Have to be a shark and keep moving, some jobs we win big on but others have to hussle a little bit.
You will never get ahead in life sitting at home complaining.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom