Tile question. , what do u think?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
This is a new tile floor installed in a house I was working in today.

Will cleaning this and removing the factory sealer remove the staining?

2AD5FE11-4915-49C0-8E47-89AB2F911234-947-00000143D70E41EE.jpg

6E32A733-B570-410F-9318-E865A50A6BAF-947-00000143D22C5A3F.jpg

.... while eating raw fish

mcatt

Name
Mike
Hard to tell until you demo it. It could come right out or be damaged from an acidic of some sort.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
The home owner said when they questioned the contractor they were told the round area was a bucket of water used to clean the grout and the drips was nothing more than dirty water that was left on the tile. The contractor said "there was no cleaners in the bucket".

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The home owner said when they questioned the contractor they were told the round area was a bucket of water used to clean the grout and the drips was nothing more than dirty water that was left on the tile. The contractor said "there was no cleaners in the bucket".

Did the home owner try to clean it? did You test anything on while You were there? I would take a alkaline cleaner and an acid and test it first. Sure it will come out, but I carry these on my truck so I can see just a thought.

Good luck let us know what your using and how it turns out

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Did the home owner try to clean it? did You test anything on while You were there? I would take a alkaline cleaner and an acid and test it first. Sure it will come out, but I carry these on my truck so I can see just a thought.

Good luck let us know what your using and how it turns out
I told the owner I thought it was just staining in the factory seal and cleaning the tile would remove this but not 100% sure. They wouldnt allow nothing to be tested on the tile because they are waiting for a store rep to come look at it and say its the contractors fault.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Just friggin blow it out. Most of the time those marks mean they have some spoiled milk or rubbed a pice of furniture the wrongs way. You blow it out at 1100 psi after scrub and it is still there then you look at seal issues but most likely it will be done

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Has anyone tried to wipe it with a damp towel? A few months ago I had a lady very upset that her porcelain tile was etched by the installed. She said that it was ruined and she wanted me to put that in writing for her. I went to look at it. It looked a lot like those pics. I took a damp cotton towel and "buffed" a few tiles. They looked like brand new, because they were. I rinsed the tiles with low pressure and buffed it with a rotary and pad.

PCCN

Totally agree with you. So many products to do (in most cases) a very simple job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom