"Tile Wands"

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Almost 70% of the T&G jobs I have my Turbo tool ends up being over-kill,
Its usually greasy/oily commercial tile that my pre-spray dose all the work anyways.

I want some type of "Tile Wand" to go over the tile with so I can move faster...

TimP

If the turbo is over kill I just use my greenhorn. I have a gecko tool with a edge attachment I'd be willing to sell....you'd have to buy a head to do tile cleaning in the main room for it though.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bruce Humphrey said:
Just a question, how could the turbo be over kill ?

I'm scratching my head wondering that one also.....

I have a gecko tool with a edge attachment I'd be willing to sell....you'd have to buy a head to do tile cleaning in the main room for it though.

picture ...and how much..............

TimP

I have to get a picture. I've used it maybe 3-4 times....and I've found I'd rather use my wand. The biggest problem with selling it is finding a box and probably cost to ship. But I'll look into it all. Edge attachment retails for 199 and the wand assembly no head retails for 219. I also have an AX-12 hard surface vac wand I bought to do water damage that I've gotten out of....I've never even used it. You could weld on a valve bracket and use it as a gekko too....retails for 124.00. If you're interested let me know what you want to pay for it...I'll get pics. I plan to use the money towards 2 airpaths....I've also got 2 prochem snail fans I bought for 250 each I'd be willing to sell. I guess I can put them in the swap meet later too.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
TimP said:
I have to get a picture. I've used it maybe 3-4 times....and I've found I'd rather use my wand. The biggest problem with selling it is finding a box and probably cost to ship. But I'll look into it all. Edge attachment retails for 199 and the wand assembly no head retails for 219. I also have an AX-12 hard surface vac wand I bought to do water damage that I've gotten out of....I've never even used it. You could weld on a valve bracket and use it as a gekko too....retails for 124.00. If you're interested let me know what you want to pay for it...I'll get pics. I plan to use the money towards 2 airpaths....I've also got 2 prochem snail fans I bought for 250 each I'd be willing to sell. I guess I can put them in the swap meet later too.

I have a brand new airpath that I have only used one time..I like the mytee fans better....

IMG_3937.jpg

get me some pictures of what you got and let me know........

Mikey P

Administrator
Dont sell it.

While your wand works fine on the tile, if you do a side by side you find that the Turbo's heat chamber effect will deep clean the grout and honed stones way way better then and wand or Gecko head.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
How is the Turbo tool "Over-Kill"?

For one thing, It's one of the most awkward tools I have ever used (Even though I LOVE it wand would never get rid of it)

It's like walking on ice on some of the tile I do after its been pre-sprayed and trying to move that turbo tool is almost impossible and mind numbingly slow (even with the vac relief wide open)

Also, If you hit an uneven tile the turbo POP's up and sprays everything.

AND... WTF are you people doing using a Standard WAND on tile???
I could understand doing it with a glide, but the glide would be torn to shreds in the first few minutes.

TimP

Mikey P said:
Dont sell it.

While your wand works fine on the tile, if you do a side by side you find that the Turbo's heat chamber effect will deep clean the grout and honed stones way way better then and wand or Gecko head.

Stone!!! I've yet to see any stone in my area. I only have it for edge work anyway. If I find I need one another time I'll get it but I'm not using it and I've had it over a year. The turbo is way better for me and I am more of a chemical cleaner I'm not much on aggitation by water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom