To 2 ½, or to 2, Inches, of course- That is the question

F

FB7777

Last time this mattered, Greenie was the resident guru

Now he probably annoys the shit out of his gas station and fast food bosses with ideas on how to improve pump flow and thicker shake strays

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Though people like Jeff and others who try to get more and more out of and improve our equipment, are the ones who drive innovation.
So we all reap the benefits of their obsessions.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Mikey P

Administrator
All because of my 2.5..

Screenshot_20170718-100151.png

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ofer, maybe start with a 25 ft length. On a run of 100-125 ft, which is about average for most homes and see if you notice a difference. I like tweaking performance but stop short of inconveniencing myself or making more work for myself. If the benefit of only going to be a 1/2 hour shorter drying time thereabouts, you have to ask yourself, is it really worth it?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Heres the way I see it.

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have.

You don't have to use the 2 1/2, but if you need it one day it would be great to have it already to go.
I agree, Jesse. It will not cost me anything and will give me an extra option. Nothing to loose.

99.739% of the time I will only use the 2" hose. I like easy. That's why I get a machine that is more than what I really need. I'd rather have a little more power than is really necessary than having to tweak the machine to the last squeezable inch of performance.

Cost a little more. Well worth it for me.

Name
Steve Lawrence
We have Butlers with the larger blower and the difference between 2" and 2.5" is quite noticeable. We've had the first 50 ft. 2.5" for at least 10 years and would not be without it. No testing necessary. Carpets get more airflow through them and therefore they dry faster. Setup time is the same as using just 2". Hey, if 2" is preferred for ease of use why not run all 1.5", it's even easier?

rick imby

Name
Rick
Though people like Jeff and others who try to get more and more out of and improve our equipment, are the ones who drive innovation.
So we all reap the benefits of their obsessions.

It really doesn't matter if you order it with 2", 2.5" , or 2 x 2". Order one 2.5---neck it down if you don't want to hassle with the big hose right now.

With as much time as you are spending making the decision you will be retired before you decide...

The funniest thing from Greenie was to go with 2" piping inside portable machines.--The hole in the vac motor is always 1.5". So the two sections of 2.5 feet of 2" internal is just a waste of space---the air has to change velocity as it goes from the 2" pipe to 1.5" so a pretty good case for absolutely no difference can be made. Also the 2" internal piping is way more convoluted---causing more resistance.
And if you can figure out what I just said you are smarter than Chavez...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
...With as much time as you are spending making the decision you will be retired before you decide... .
Patience Imby. Patience. Had you told me your clock was running, I'd have strived for a faster resolution :winky:

The machine is only to be built in a few weeks and they can change the filter opening when I pick it. Which is September and then me and the wife will drive cross country and see the land. Patiently.
Cause when I get back I may just decide to retire. Can't bear the thought of putting in the first ding on the van (which always hit the hardest :winky:). "If you build it they will ding."

Never say never.

That's just a lucky guess, Marty. Actually having a discussion helps me and get this: Crystallize my thinking.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

rick imby

Name
Rick
Patience Imby. Patience. Had you told me your clock was running, I'd have strived for a faster resolution :winky:

The machine is only to be built in a few weeks and they can change the filter opening when I pick it. Which is September and then me and the wife will drive cross country and see the land. Patiently.
Cause when I get back I may just decide to retire. Can't bear the thought of putting in the first ding on the van (which always hit the hardest :winky:). "If you build it they will ding."

Never say never.

That's just a lucky guess, Marty. Actually having a discussion helps me and get this: Crystallize my thinking.

Thank you all.

You Trumped the heck out of me---It will be a great drive across the country. Enjoy your new rig... I think you will love it.

Enjoy your future retirement---grin

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Butler puts their porkholes in the door? Why worry about the first ding when you already have holes in the door?

PS: The key to dual wanding is using equal length vacuum lines and keeping both wands on the carpet, as lifting one will reduce airflow at the other. I think we've had to do this about twice a year when there are time and space constraints on a job. It beats using the truck and a portable or two portables.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom