To IPOD or not...

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I had about four hours worth of cleaning upholstery this morning and passed the time listening to my IPOD. Do think that's rude with the custy at home? She did tip me $130 rounding it to an even G.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I would not listen to an IPOD in somebodys home. But I am a rare carpet cleaner who has a personality.

Golden Boy

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
I say no. Speak to the customer or listen to the whistle of the wand! I believe that would be really rude it would also stop conversation and prevent building a relationship with the client!

Tony

C

Carpet Dude

for me it's good practice to listen to the machine running just in case something goes wrong....so I can hurry and shut hit down and not cause further damage to either the home or machine.

-JB-

Name
JB
Though I can sympathize with you over a 4 hour upholstery cleaning- ouch! That's some workout right there!
IMO, no on the personal music, but it's your business- DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST FOR YOU! If we wanted to be told what to do and how to do it we would all be working for someone else, making a heck of a lot less than $250/hr!

She was obviously pleased when you finished so don't worry about it.

Becker

Name
Becker
I sometimes do in vacant homes, or comm jobs where I ALONE.

I'd never when I had a client near by.

Years ago in my teens and early 20 I use to listen to a Walkman doing outside windows.

G

I would say NEVER in a custys home..
LIke Raf iterated to above.. if something goes wrong.. a hose busts.. vac surges.. etc. I like to hear those things.

Plus.. i have a cell that rings alot. and i have to pay attention to it.

Now.. if i'm using a Cimex.. after hours.. in a large commercial setting.. and NOBODY is around.. that may need to talk to me.. 'cool beans on the iPod then'.

but never in residential.

To each their own.. but it isnt the right image for your company and too many things need to be listened to..

Rock on! (literally.. after hours.. or between jobs)

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
If you're all being responsible like for your body's sake, I can't see how you can wear your hearing protecting AND listen to your IPod.

I prefer ear plugs myself instead of the muffs and on the odd ocassion, have had a client mistake them for and IPod and they weren'y impressed!!! As soon as they realised their mistake, their attitude changed to one of respect.

John

G

John,

Exactly one of the biggest reason I have a Butler.. NO HEARING AID required. ha.

I just had to throw that in there. lol

Its all about NOISE with my purchasing decision. PERIOD.

I now have a powerful BUTLER, and next to NO noise.

I havent seen another TM that can say that yet.. (non electric)...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom