20141120_111022.jpg
20141120_111031.jpg
20141120_111459.jpg
20141120_114153.jpg
20141120_132930.jpg
20141120_133251.jpg
20141120_133310.jpg
20141120_133346.jpg
Involved a penny pincher customer who thought it would be wise to turn off the heat in 15° degree weather and go away for a few days. Wrong answer Elroy!

Here's some pics of the cleanup day one (removing Cat 1 fresh water pipe break from a 850 sf apartment). Note the ice in the toilet....

Much more work to do on this one...We be baseboard poppin.

Last edited:

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Thanks. We have to injectidry the base cabs in the kitchen. Sorry these pics are outta order. Really we don't setup all the dehus and airmovers before we suck.

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Another nice feature on the velos is you can set your amp level and daisy chain them. They have an hr meter and come with kickstands. Much nicer than the snails and lighter. Also easier access to clean.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Ok, I am impressed with all the latest and greatest equipment. I do have to ask though. Why the heck haven't you bought a rover or extreme extractor? The labor on a water claw for an area that size is insane!

Reactions: tmdry

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
No hoody that is not a crew chief, it is just a normal power distribution box called a g unit.

I like the velo pros not the regular Velos. They stack (both versions) well and they are really lite and make carrying them long distances or up stair a bit easier.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Stacking enhances response and setup time, therefore increasing performance a lot.

I buy equipment and test for myself instead of taking someone's word for it.

Don't get me wrong I like learning the easy way but also understand that we are not all setup the same and what works for one company won't work for another.

Plus Ray from cms hooked me up with our fist four and from there we just like them for particular scenarios.

It by no means is our go to air mover but is a good airmobile for when and where we need them.

With most peoples thinking and mentality the earth would still be "flat" and Columbus would not of sailed.

We have a luxury in that we have a small budget to buy new equipment and try it for our selves for areas or situations I think it could serve purpose. As we strive for the most efficient and thus productive way to operate in the most scenarios we have encountered.

I will say, we don't buy large lots of equipment new as return on investment takes much longer and we ain't the Red Cross.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The earth is not flat? :eekk:

It damn sure is around chhere!
qdraw.gif

With most peoples thinking and mentality the earth would still be "flat" and Columbus would not of sailed.
Glacier done knocked her flat! :winky:

that dumbass Columbus thought he had found India. Hence Indian's.....AMERICAN Indians. Thank gawd for Amerigo Vespucc or we'd be the United States of Columbus! :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I can get a air scrubber on any job if it requires and demo but have a huge problem getting paid for the filters even on fire jobs.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Ok, I am impressed with all the latest and greatest equipment. I do have to ask though. Why the heck haven't you bought a rover or extreme extractor? The labor on a water claw for an area that size is insane!
I hear you Greg they are nice and I have already spent time researching them. I'm hoping to get one down the road butI will only get it if I can pay for it in cash. Not quite there yet.

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Actually the customer requested the vapor shark. We turn approximately 1000 units for them and they pay us direct for floods rather than reporting to their insurance and their premiums going up each year. We exposed them to the vapor shark several years ago, they like it for the quick odor knockdown and to reduce the psychological odor phenomenom some people have.

This job was dried in 3.5 days, no odors, customer was happy. One comment was to tear out the carpet but it was 1 year old and for this paricular case they wanted it dried and saved. Many times though we take it out if its as old as abe lincoln!

Mark, that power dist box is a g series and we really like it for its compactness.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't need it, we have 5 of them but if one turned up I could throw it on one of the equipment haulers for peak times.

Water slowed down the last few months but the bitter cold is just around the corner.

What about stackable equipment? :stir:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
I can get a air scrubber on any job if it requires and demo but have a huge problem getting paid for the filters even on fire jobs.
Category 3 jobs and mold jobs and even fire jobs require it. Make a copy of the IICRC standard and email to adjuster stating. " The standards require this as a result of your customers job. The old one was discarded. Here is a copy of what i paid for the new one ( attach receipt) and xactiamte allows payment of $____. Would you prefer I have the customer pay me directly for this item and you can explain it to her or can i expect it on my check"
We get paid 100% of the time. However you look like an idiot if you try it on a CAT 1 job

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom