Tom Conway Devpro Wand, board hype...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The first time I saw Tom was in Nashville. I saw him walking down a hallway holding a Dang wand. It was a surprise that wasn't a good feeling, because I'd never seen his wand before. I was like "is this what you've been hiding from us all those months?" LOL. He looked at me like I was crazy from the way I was looking at him.

When I saw his wand and used it in Nashville, it was such a relief because it was moving so smoothly and wasn't pivoting out of control like all the other pivot wands were. And unlike my Mach wand (which I love) that really connects to the carpet and sometimes fights me, it was very smooth, yet extracting so much water on the wet and dry pass, it was hard to believe because it was so much easier to push than my mach.

So for anyone saying this is too much $ to pay for a wand, like the thread on the douche forum, just keep wasting your money on buying your custom colored vacuum hose, or your temp. gauge to put on your wand, or anything other pretty, waste of money that won't make your job easier.

Last edited:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
You better do a lower back reality check there grampy..
From what I've gathered, you'll be on the truck the first year.
You may need to install a EZ vacuum relief crack on your waste tank...lol
So... I finally met Mikey! LOL.
12074659_10153636073706346_754711054691052332_n.jpg

Last edited:
Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
Does Tom have them in stock? Like Jim said I haven't been using the hoss since I got my CRB, so a new wand might just make the pie better again

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I'm at the point where I need to decide on a $300 tune up to my daily wand or pull the trigger on Tom's wand.

I'm also wondering if they're ready to ship or if there is a wait.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I just got back from the annual Proline event in Sacramento. Tony Dang was there with several wands. Looks like some fine progress has been made.

I played with it for a while hooked up to one of the truck mounts there. It had a slot glide with fair sized gap in the glide. Sucked pretty good. Inside chamber was slanted for good airflow.

Titanium tube and Aluminum head as I recall. Some powder coated in blue, red, speckled head and black, gray, unpainted tubes. Unpainted were not as hot to the touch sitting in the sun as the painted tubes.

The swivel on the wand looks pretty fine quality. I am not that mechanical, but he had a swivel apart that showed it was a long lasting needle bearing unit that should be trouble free.

There was a choice of 4 jet and 6 jet wands. You can remove the middle jet on each side of the head and it will leave the 4 remaining jets evenly placed apart, giving some flexability to use a 4 or 6 jet wand.

Price was about half the Devpro wand.

That being said, Chris (Vortex/AT) and Martin (Steam Way Powermatic) from the foothills both were at the Proline shindig, and they were very impressed with the Devpro wand they had seen in Las Vegas and liked it better than the Cal Tools wand.

I have not seen or had my hands on the Devpro, so I am in no position to compare. Only seeing Tony's wand today, it looks like it is well worth the money. Of course Tom's wand may be worth what it costs as well.

One more thing that could be a positive or a negative depending on your viewpoint. The fittings are all enclosed in the wand. Advantage is you could throw that wand around and never break or put out of adjustment the jets. Disadvantage might be adjustability, though once you have your jets where they work right, why readjust them anyway?

Martin mentioned to me that that there may be some interesting things Tom has up his sleeve that may improve extraction capabilities, even if you already own a Devpro wand.

I think I learned a lot today, but I wish I knew more. :)

Last edited:

The Wizard

It's great that the Devpro wand does wonders for smaller machines. We run 6 jetted Ti wands with 24 flow, 6008 blowers, is there a Devpro in the works for the bigger blower machines ?

And are there plans for a Devpro stair tool ?

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I just got back from the annual Proline event in Sacramento. Tony Dang was there with several wands. Looks like some fine progress has been made.

I played with it for a while hooked up to one of the truck mounts there. It had a slot glide with fair sized gap in the glide. Sucked pretty good. Inside chamber was slanted for good airflow.

Titanium tube and Aluminum head as I recall. Some powder coated in blue, red, speckled head and black, gray, unpainted tubes. Unpainted were not as hot to the touch sitting in the sun as the painted tubes.

The swivel on the wand looks pretty fine quality. I am not that mechanical, but he had a swivel apart that showed it was a long lasting needle bearing unit that should be trouble free.

There was a choice of 4 jet and 6 jet wands. You can remove the middle jet on each side of the head and it will leave the 4 remaining jets evenly placed apart, giving some flexability to use a 4 or 6 jet wand.

Price was about half the Devpro wand.

That being said, Chris (Vortex/AT) and Martin (Steam Way Powermatic) from the foothills both were at the Proline shindig, and they were very impressed with the Devpro wand they had seen in Las Vegas and liked it better than the Cal Tools wand.

I have not seen or had my hands on the Devpro, so I am in no position to compare. Only seeing Tony's wand today, it looks like it is well worth the money. Of course Tom's wand may be worth what it costs as well.

One more thing that could be a positive or a negative depending on your viewpoint. The fittings are all enclosed in the wand. Advantage is you could throw that wand around and never break or put out of adjustment the jets. Disadvantage might be adjustability, though once you have your jets where they work right, why readjust them anyway?

Martin mentioned to me that that there may be some interesting things Tom has up his sleeve that may improve extraction capabilities, even if you already own a Devpro wand.

I think I learned a lot today, but I wish I knew more. :)

what was the length of hose and what was the machine set at...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
20 feet..from the wand to the machine...????

Ya like all the zippers at the experience hooked to 50 ft off a A/T.

I think the minimum was 50 feet a few
100 foot runs.

Quick question for you wand gurus.

When was the last time you used a Ti wand without a glide? What's easier to push for you? Slot, hybrid, or holed?

Is working harder to push the wand better or worse?

Reactions: dealtimeman

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

There was hose laying around, but to be honest I didn't pay much attention to hose length or the machine.

The Evolution wand was there and it took more effort to push, which could be due to the flat glide without holes or slots, or maybe it's design that helps airflow.

The video you posted was from today at Proline. That was my son in law in the video using and testing out the wand.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I set my 570 to 14 inch of lift and it bites hard with 12 westpac 8 flow and 13.5 in Pcti 12 flow. Both holed glides.

It's work pushing it. I hear Tom M say the new wand is like going from a porty to a truck mount.

But to me my porty was like a feather going to a PC quad wand 11lbs without a glide for 8 years that was work.

Moving over to the glides has extended my career somewhat.

I could see putting my 26 year old fitness buff behind a wand that grabs better but since I carry 6 fans is it really that big of a difference to dry times? we pre vacuum
And Crb everything too.

They liked the 14 inch westpac with the wider slots too. I didn't care for
It too much.

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

I have used the dang wand and Ithaca good sick and good recovery.

THAT SAID IT IS NOTHING LIKE TOMS WAND IN BUILD AND SUPER SUCK.

But for big machines, unless you are a swole mofo you won't last a couple of rooms.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ya like all the zippers at the experience hooked to 50 ft off a A/T.

I think the minimum was 50 feet a few
100 foot runs.

Quick question for you wand gurus.

When was the last time you used a Ti wand without a glide? What's easier to push for you? Slot, hybrid, or holed?

Is working harder to push the wand better or worse?

correct..that was one of the first things we noticed also...everything was hooked up in short runs..50 feet at best...but still being able to compare what they could do..it was pretty easy to see that once you got the wand out into reality land..and actually used it on a normal cleaning run..it was going to calm down ..you weren't going to struggle pushing or pulling it...and it was going to open up and do what I expected it to.....I like the short slot glide... .and the hole glide for CGD...

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
There was hose laying around, but to be honest I didn't pay much attention to hose length or the machine.

The Evolution wand was there and it took more effort to push, which could be due to the flat glide without holes or slots, or maybe it's design that helps airflow.

The video you posted was from today at Proline. That was my son in law in the video using and testing out the wand.

it was just one of 2 posted on face book..dont know where it was....point being....not everyone is going to pay attention to things like that ...and not everyone who does see it is going to understand that we dont normally park our trucks in peoples living rooms to do a cleaning at the other end of the house...so when that wand gets hooked up to a normal run from 150 to 200 feet..its going to react much much different then what it is in that video.......and probably any wand out there will grab a carpet and pick it up..I can make my westpac wand do that at 150 feet with a short slot glide...it wont hold it as long because of the distance ..but it will lift and hold it..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I set my 570 to 14 inch of lift and it bites hard with 12 westpac 8 flow and 13.5 in Pcti 12 flow. Both holed glides.

It's working pushing it. I hear Tom M say the new wand is like going from a porty to a truck mount.

But to me my porty was like air going to a PC quad wand 11lbs without a glide for 8 years that was work.

Moving over to the glides has extended my career somewhat.

I could see putting my 26 year old fitness buff behind a wand that grabs better but since I carry 6 fans is it really that big of a difference to dry times? we pre vacuum
And Crb everything too.

They liked the 14 inch westpac with the wider slots too. I didn't care for
It too much.

put a short slot on it...it makes a difference on that wand......after testing and testing against other wands...I could not find a wand that moved the air better then the westpac...and after all these years of standing behind it...I retired them and now I use Tom's wand.......so if you like...face book message me you address and I will give you one of my short slot glides and you can see if you like it...if you do....keep it..if not..send it back..

Reactions: SamIam
F

FB7777

correct..that was one of the first things we noticed also...everything was hooked up in short runs..50 feet at best...but still being able to compare what they could do..it was pretty easy to see that once you got the wand out into reality land..and actually used it on a normal cleaning run..it was going to calm down ..you weren't going to struggle pushing or pulling it...and it was going to open up and do what I expected it to.....I like the short slot glide... .and the hole glide for CGD...
Are manufactures still doing that dopey trick at Shows?

28 years in this biz, and I've rarely had a 50 foot hose run

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom