Tony Dang- Love him or hate him..

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Today I was using my Tony Dang TI wand for the first time. As soon as I pulled the trigger all these little metal balls started shooting out of the swivel and a bunch of oil spilled out on my customers white carpet. Can you believe it?
Actually that didn't happen.
I got through the day without any issues. I love having a swivel. I had no idea how nice that is! A lot of you guys hate this wand and I surely don't want to change anybody's mind. But I saw that wand on the Mikey's Board wand shootout and for some reason it really appealed to me, much more than any of the others. I know that quite a few of you have forgotten more than I have learned about cleaning carpets. I have learned so much from some of you. So maybe there is a reason why this wand is so unpopular here and in a few months I might sing a different tune... I'll let you know, I'll be honest.
But right now I'm pretty happy. I did a section with my old Quad and did a bunch of dry passes. Then I went over it again with the new wand and in that little window ( which I like having) I saw that there was more water coming up. I liked seeing that.I guess that's not really a scientific test but neither is comparing the sounds different wands make.:)
Anyway there you have it , my first take on the Tony Dang wand.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
There are no rivets on the swivel. Just 4 steel Allen screws and I don't see a gap between the tube and the swivel. It's a version 3 and from what I can tell so far it's pretty dang well made.:)
I haven't used it yet , so tomorrow I might feel different about it. But maybe not....

Pics

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Today I was using my Tony Dang TI wand for the first time. As soon as I pulled the trigger all these little metal balls started shooting out of the swivel and a bunch of oil spilled out on my customers white carpet. Can you believe it?
I got through the day without any issues. I love having a swivel. I had no idea how nice that is! A lot of you guys hate this wand and I surely don't want to change anybody's mind. But I saw that wand on the Mikey's Board wand shootout and for some reason it really appealed to me, much more than any of the others. I know that quite a few of you have forgotten more than I have learned about cleaning carpets. I have learned so much from some of you. So maybe there is a reason why this wand is so unpopular here and in a few months I might sing a different tune... I'll let you know, I'll be honest.
But right now I'm pretty happy. I did a section with my old Quad and did a bunch of dry passes. Then I went over it again with the new wand and in that little window ( which I like having) I saw that there was more water coming up. I liked seeing that.I guess that's not really a scientific test but neither is comparing the sounds different wands make.:)

how tight is that swivel on your wand?

The tighter the dog turd the better IMO

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer

I knew he was lying from the get go with this post. There aren't little metal balls in that swivel. I believe it's sand...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I would have never got involved with Tony if the wand head he and I worked on together was a POS, The wand itself is good I will not lie and say different. The problem is Tony himself, and his shady biz dealings. I believe he is now taking old heads that have come back and powder coating them and selling as brand new wands? I tried to help Tony but he just couldn't see the things the same way, and that is fine.

I had wanted to do my own wand years ago, but because of my lack of knowledge ( I am a carpet cleaner not a machinist) I didn't know how to go about doing it, and when I first reached out to get a idea the price I got was over 2500.00 per wand, so it just got filed away. As I got to work with Tim and Adrian, my local fabricators that have helped me prototype several things and started to get a better understanding on how some things are done, my wand design became more of a reality.
I now have my own Tig welder, lathe and mill, so I am able to do some of the things on my own, we are starting to look into CNC machines to make even more of our parts.
I am just really excited to be able to do the things that I have been able to do.

Today I went and cleaned with my VWTM and I am looking forward to building another one soon, I have a 59 blower and I am excited to see how much better I can make the next one!!!

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I would have never got involved with Tony if the wand head he and I worked on together was a POS, The wand itself is good I will not lie and say different. The problem is Tony himself, and his shady biz dealings. I believe he is now taking old heads that have come back and powder coating them and selling as brand new wands? I tried to help Tony but he just couldn't see the things the same way, and that is fine.

I had wanted to do my own wand years ago, but because of my lack of knowledge ( I am a carpet cleaner not a machinist) I didn't know how to go about doing it, and when I first reached out to get a idea the price I got was over 2500.00 per wand, so it just got filed away. As I got to work with Tim and Adrian, my local fabricators that have helped me prototype several things and started to get a better understanding on how some things are done, my wand design became more of a reality.
I now have my own Tig welder, lathe and mill, so I am able to do some of the things on my own, we are starting to look into CNC machines to make even more of our parts.
I am just really excited to be able to do the things that I have been able to do.

Today I went and cleaned with my VWTM and I am looking forward to building another one soon, I have a 59 blower and I am excited to see how much better I can make the next one!!!

any way to put your swivel on a Tony wand?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
You know where to send the OG VWTM... That machine is pretty sweet! :rockon:
I haven't used her in quit a while, I said if she starts I will take her out this week and see how she does, I couldn't believe she fired right up.

This is the funny thing, when you see guys posting pics of the jobs they do, and they are using porties with cords all over the place, Guys with TM look at that and just SEE ALL the energy spent just SETTING UP for that job.

Well when I first got started I had a pick up and a enclosed trailer, I worked with it for about 10 months, a customer I was cleaning for was moving and he said NICE trailer....would you want to trade me for my van? I have my van and my truck, and I can't drive both, but I could pull that trailer!! I said hell yeah, I finished my day, went and pulled everything out of the trailer and met him the next day and traded.
I have been in that van for 8 years now, worn it out. No matter how bad I want to use my VWTM it is in a trailer and it is so hard to deal with, I don't have the time to waste much of it so she just sits.

You just don't realize how hard you are working when you honestly don't have a setup that gets you in and out with as little effort as possible. I know for a fact that if the VW was in a van it would be my go to unit without a doubt, but because of the trailer I haven't put enough real time on her to make sure she is 100% or as close to it, to say I would depend on her for everyday use.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I haven't used her in quit a while, I said if she starts I will take her out this week and see how she does, I couldn't believe she fired right up.

This is the funny thing, when you see guys posting pics of the jobs they do, and they are using porties with cords all over the place, Guys with TM look at that and just SEE ALL the energy spent just SETTING UP for that job.

Well when I first got started I had a pick up and a enclosed trailer, I worked with it for about 10 months, a customer I was cleaning for was moving and he said NICE trailer....would you want to trade me for my van? I have my van and my truck, and I can't drive both, but I could pull that trailer!! I said hell yeah, I finished my day, went and pulled everything out of the trailer and met him the next day and traded.
I have been in that van for 8 years now, worn it out. No matter how bad I want to use my VWTM it is in a trailer and it is so hard to deal with, I don't have the time to waste much of it so she just sits.

You just don't realize how hard you are working when you honestly don't have a setup that gets you in and out with as little effort as possible. I know for a fact that if the VW was in a van it would be my go to unit without a doubt, but because of the trailer I haven't put enough real time on her to make sure she is 100% or as close to it, to say I would depend on her for everyday use.
That's how I feel about my Promaster. You and Ivan like to give me crap about buying a new van, but even with my payment, it was worth it and I would do it again. The extra room makes all the difference in the world. The other day I fired up my other van and started up the Amtex Dragon to do a little concrete surface cleaning. It reminded me of how nice my current setup is.

Matt may want to buy your trailer.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

But Blistor could’ve helped
You make it for $99 and helped real cleaners!

Such greed

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
My 04 is still on the road 4 days a week with over 700,oo combined miles on it

How many here can say the same of their CDS/PTO?

for 96.78% of CC'ers it don't make no cents
expensive to maintain/repair (truck and machine) and just plain way overkill if not utilizing it's full production capacity at least 67.98% of the time

It's all about dollars and sense

..L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
The reason i ask...

20171026_132330.jpg
20171026_132348.jpg

It darn cool, don't you think so?

Name
Nate W.
Pete has the cool factor with his trailer and maintenance is a breeze... I come from a place that rains a lot and it's impractical to run that... I would love that if I lived in a place where it didn't rain...

Reactions: DAT and TConway

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So it really isnt worth having a trailer?
It all depends on how your business is set up.

If you're doing mostly commercial contract work, a trailer would be good. If you are an owner/operator who does multiple services like stripping and waxing, pressure washing, and carpet cleaning...then a trailer would be good. If you are limited on your budget to own both a van and another vehicle, then a trailer would be nice. And if you're slower, newer in the business, then a trailer is nice to have. Just don't make the same mistake I made by pulling one for 14 years, going through 3 trucks, or you'll have one longer than your heart desires. I was proud of my setup, but it still looked like I was pulling a job, not a business.

The times where it doesn't add up is if you, Have your business model just on services focusing around your truckmount, servicing residential daytime jobs at houses with extremely short or steep driveways, are very busy doing more than 2jobs every day, and doing more residential than commercial for the more professional look in the cusotmers eyes and easier more convenient parking for the operator

Whichever one you choose to have...make it a goal for your business to look presentable enough to Grow and MAYBE Sell. It looks allot better in a wrapped van or box truck.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My 04 is still on the road 4 days a week with over 700,oo combined miles on it

How many here can say the same of their CDS/PTO?
1993 GMC and Butler

Over 250,000 road miles and over 11,000 hours... Over 619,000 equivalent miles on original motor and drive trane... Still not taking any oil...

AND.... it is coming back to us this weekend probably as our former band director who was cleaning part time with it is completely retiring and he wants to give it back to us.

We are looking to tidy it up and preserve it at this point...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Outside of always changing serpentine belts on my Cleanco Quad 56...............oh well what a pain!

No wonder they don't make it anymore!

Reactions: FB7777 and BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Barely broken in.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy

I don't know Tony and this is my first time dealing with him. When I called Tony he told me about a used wand that was being shipped back to him from a customer who ended up wanting one with custom colors. I told him I was interested in it.He sent me pictures of the wand as soon as it came back to his shop and I had it in my hands in less than a week .
It was in surprisingly good shape, it looked like it had never been used at all. It also had a brand new version 3 swivel . Better than I had expected.
He sold it to me for 650.- including shipping. So I have absolutely no complaints. Fair price, no holdups, no BS. I feel like he was a good guy to deal with. And no I'm not being paid to say this :)

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
He sold it to me for 650.- including shipping.

And guys are saying I'm giving deals to manipulate the forums LOL, I wonder how many of these guys going around saying how great something is are actually paying full price of @ 1200.00.
I also wonder how many guys that paid the @ 1200.00 are gonna see this and be pissed that they didn't just pay 650.00 bucks.

"And no I'm not being paid to say this"
You did get paid, you only paid 650.00, of course your gonna say something you got a wand for half of the MSRP.

Last edited:
F

FB7777

Tom,

On your website there are 2 options for the swivel wand. The PMF manifold design is $1622 and the original adjustable manifold for $1822

Is this the current pricing and design options for the wand

Wife keeps asking me what I want for Xmas...

PS.... any half off 'open box ' specials???:stir:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom