Too hot to clean?

CleanEvo

I'm up north and usually we don't have huge issues with the heat, however, we are getting more and more days over 30, even 35. I've noticed that the truck is just cranking out the BTU's and things are almost melting in the van. Is there a point that some of you guys pack it in due to heat (weather). It must be really tough on the equipment, and on the operator.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we were 108 today and are expected to hit 107 tomorrow and stay in the 100's all week.........

It has been a real hot summer so far...I am having problems with my chemical bottles letting lose and leaking all over the place...the back of the truck gets much hotter then what it is outside...

as for working in this heat you just get use to it and adapt like the northern guys who have to deal with the -30 crap in the winters.....

topnotchman

yeah, its pretty hot for western Washington state. The CDS salsa is getting the best temps i've seen since i've had it so far. I had some of my solution line on the asphalt the other day and it melted some of the tar onto the solution line!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Yeah Jim, but yours is just a dry heat :wink:

Got up to 30+here on the island. I had a great spot to work, a restaurant that was nicely shaded and a cool breeze blowing through.
Just keep drinking water and power on through.

BlinkClean

Jim Martin said:
we were 108 today and are expected to hit 107 tomorrow and stay in the 100's all week.........

It has been a real hot summer so far...I am having problems with my chemical bottles letting lose and leaking all over the place...the back of the truck gets much hotter then what it is outside...

as for working in this heat you just get use to it and adapt like the northern guys who have to deal with the -30 crap in the winters.....

Yes it's been very hot, we had 119 I believe two weeks ago, which is a peek high for I-don't-know-how-many years....I use portables now during the summer but I think my vortex will have to wait till winter.

Name
BradFenstermaker
You could run a 110 volt fan and exhaust some of the heat off the unit and out of the van.

Fifty foot of ext cord will get most jobs.

I hang mine between the two driver's seats blowing at the windshield. Leave window's down.

Good for the valves on the slide in motor too.

Water and a good rolled bandana for me.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have 4' roll ups on opposite sides of the truck that way I get a breeze straight through the box. I run an electric radiator fan and it sucks the heat out even without a breeze.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom