Travelers Insurance Co.

Discussion in 'Water, Fire, & Smoke Damage' started by Greg Cole, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Greg Cole
    Greg Cole

Name:
    Greg
    Anyone else having problems with them. I have never seen anything like what they are pulling. Refusing to pay for Axial fans! Refusing to pay air scrubber on Cat 3 jobs.
    anyone else having this problem?
  2. dealtimeman
    dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.

Name:
    Michael
    That is every insurance company out there that has a "iicrc certified" adjuster on staff.

Why do you care, just charge the customer and the customer will charge them, as legally this is the way it is stated in the policy.
  3. Desk Jockey
    Desk Jockey

I AM SPARTACUS

Name:
    SPARTACUS
    Sometimes, not always. Depends on the adjuster.
  4. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    You need to call the adjuster and justify your equipment. I once had to explain to an adjuster why I needed dehumidifiers on a job where 3/4 of a suite was under water.
  5. tres davis
    tres davis

Name:
    tres
    We've had only a handful of travelers in the past year. They were fine to deal with except on one claim they were pretty silly on a really small claim that was very standard. Any of the big ones you can get an adjuster that's just silly on everything. We don't pay for "xyz" etc
    But not paying for Axials is funny! So just do centrifugals and add one more ;)

We had one where we had to remove glued down wood. We normally use the wood floor line item for removal the just add labor per hour for the glue. Sometimes it's really easy and the "add for glued down" is overkill and sometimes it's not enough

We had an Allstate adjuster that refused to pay the labor hours and insisted we use line item. It was $700 more dollars for line item

So stupid
    Lee Stockwell and Desk Jockey like this.
  6. Onfire_02_01
    Onfire_02_01

Name:
    Jeremy Gray
    Pull out your S500 and ask what part of it you violated.
    Stevie Bs and Desk Jockey like this.
  7. dealtimeman
    dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.

Name:
    Michael
    S500 is just a standard or a baseline, we are the professionals!
  8. HydroDude
    HydroDude

Name:
    JB
    I make my xactimate as complete as possible , cover with a brief description of loss, authorization , moisture map on sketch , equipment placement on sketch , pictures with notes and descriptions of what and why equipment was needed, notes of conversations in person, phone or email, daily logs, notes under each line item... make it easy to justify the cost of the loss.
    Desk Jockey likes this.
  9. JonJ
    JonJ

Name:
    Jon Jasinski
    Travelers is a nightmare here. They write their own estimates on the spot and hand the client a check for their amount. When I finally get a copy it's usually half of what I would bill them. They are so low with labor hours it kills me.
    Some are great though, you just have to give a little push back. Most people won't and that's what they pray on.
    If ever questioned about amount of equipment or anything I copy my response straight from the S500 and I usually get it.
    Desk Jockey likes this.