Truckmount for wood floor sanding

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
buy a shop vac they are easier and cheaper to replace.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I agree with Scott

why would you want an expensive TM (and gas to run it) to do the job of a $100 shop vac?
not to mention all that saw dust in your waste tank?
even with a Dust Downer, it will be a thick slurry of saw dust muck.

regardless, Dust Downer is the only "attachment" I'm aware that you'll need.
If you're not familar with the DD, the best way to describe it is a short piece of vac hose with an internal jet to spray/wet down the dust.

Many floor sanding tools have the vac port to hook too.
so it's just a matter of connecting your vac hose, no??

..L.T.A.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i refinish floors and all my tools hook up to a rigid shop vac. and rigid tools are lifetime free replacement.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
C&S said:
i refinish floors and all my tools hook up to a rigid shop vac. and rigid tools are lifetime free replacement.

So you like a little suction on your Rigid Tool? :p
Anyone remember when Johnny Carson used to bring on the model that posed for the calenders. Miss Rigid Tool?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
why would you want an expensive TM (and gas to run it) to do the job of a $100 shop vac?

I was thinking the tm would provide for more of a sandless environment vs a shop vac. The machine I have was made for concrete polishing and has a vacuum port but not sure if portable type of vacuum would lift most of the dust out of the room.

Scott, are you getting most of the dust out of the room with you shop vac or do you still cover the room exists with plastic?. What are you using for edge detailing?

Albert

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i use a 6' extension hose on the rigid shop vac and i have another hose attached to the exhaust of the shop vac to vent the heat outside. it will heat a room up real quick.

for my edging, and small rooms i use a Rigid 6" orbital sander with vacume port that hooks right up to the shop vac hose.
it is variable orbit, and variable speed. i will post pics in little bit.

the dust is contained inside the shop vac. so every once in a while i have to empty it and clean the filter.

with this system i have almost no dust at all. and i have never had a complaint about residual dust.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
that system is nice, but if something breaks i can go anywhere and pick up a part or new vac. where as if you rely on equipment like that you are in for a shock if anything breaks.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I like to vent the vac outside too, as the standard filter will let small particulate through. If you can't vent the shopvac you can buy dust bags. When they're full you throw them out, but they'll contain even drywall dust.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Here I thought I was going to get answers like "Go to another board, I don't know about this". Here's the machine I have that I think would do well in refinishing without having to buy one of those belt sanders.

DSCN1358_edit.jpg

thanks for the replies.

Anyone know of a bb that pertains to wood refinishing?.

Albert

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
is that an op machine? you could modify it by putting a vac port on it and make a shroud 2 catch and suck up the dust.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Scott, the machine is like a cimex on steroids. It's triple planetary 3hp 220 volts. With the 2 weights it comes in at 220 lbs. I believe you could put in a few more horseshoe weights. You can see the vac port on the back.

Albert

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
my bad didnt see it until you said somthing. cool. what do you usually use it for?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I bought it for stone restoration. I've done a few jobs with it. Still trying to figure out how to incorporate it into the existing business.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom