Trying to understand defoamers

Name
Nate W.
It should.......have yet to try it on my porty...but it makes sense in theory.

I was trying to think of some way to slowly introduce a defoaming agent directly into my waste tank if needed and was thinking of using a sponge, but then the sponge handle thingies made perfect sense.

I have knocked down porty tank foam with a quick shot of fabric softener before in a jam, I see no reason why it wouldn't work if it can be delivered slowly over time.

I was considering fabric softener because it is a thicker liquid, not because I am a hack of course.

And it smells better too... Nothing like a stink waste tank then adding some Downy to make it less stink... People actually compliment the smell when they smell it... "You doing laundry back there"?!? Lol

Reactions: vibra-vacster

Dave K

Name
David Krienke
I saw a guy used a old Parmesan cheese bottle and I also now use a old Parmesan cheese bottle to sprinkle . :)

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I toued with the idea of making a port to squirt liquid into the line.

Guess I’ll just use a coarse salt shaker or something instead. My worry is that the crystals will dissolve on the carpet and cuse soiling issues later.
Have you considered getting a wand that has a bypass valve on it it periodically flush clean water down the vac tube?
In the times I have foam build up I just take the suction hose over to the sink and suck down some fresh water for 30-45 seconds.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Have you considered getting a wand that has a bypass valve on it it periodically flush clean water down the vac tube?
In the times I have foam build up I just take the suction hose over to the sink and suck down some fresh water for 30-45 seconds.

I think that the RE is whipping foam up. Then of course, the little chamber in the Ranger and the automatic pump out prevents mefrom simply dosing the waste tank. So much has been discussed.

But you do have a point. When I leave the upholstery tool running water, it does dilute and reduce the foam buildup. But on carpet, I am already a slow mover and have to chemically suppress the foam.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Downy fabric softener. Ive used all the industry specific powdered defoamers and none seem to work as well as downy... simply because they dont coat the inside of your vac line and kill the foam on the way to the waste tank.

Just keep a really small flip top bottle of it near your wand, you can even dilute it 50/50 if your really cheap still works better than chemspec defoamer.

ill never use anything else for defoam, it works that good... but rarely do we ever need one. Bio break doesnt foam enough to cause any issues

Reactions: Old Coastie

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
better meaning its thick like laundry detergent and coats your vac line, powders kill the foam in the tank they dont coat your vac line.
better because 1 costco bottle will last your carpet cleaning career

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom