twist to lock throttle cables??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
my prochem has a twist to lock throttle cable like most of these they slowly begin to work their way in and will allow the machine to not operate at full RPM, what is the best solution for something that is easy to install and operate and actually works as it should??

Becker

Name
Becker
I don't know the machine, But my guess is at the end of the cable where it attaches to the carb there is a screw.

Loosen the screw, slide the cable a tad further into the hose and re tighten.

Test and adjust again as needed.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I had an issue on my Legend. Cable broke so went to a cable shop and repaired it myself and reset the whole thing. Had to get an engineering firm to hook the new cable to the handle otherwise everythelse was done by me.

John

No problems here with twist and lock cable. Ours has a lock that you tighten and it holds the cable at the desired setting.

-JB-

Name
JB
Listen to Shawn, man that gets said a lot doesn't it?

They carry the same exact cable at Car Quest also, quick and simple fix.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve G.;

We got tired of replacing the standard metal-on-metal throttle cables.

We switched to plastic-lined throttle cables on some TM's and feel they work smoother and more reliably.

throtcab.jpg

Larry Cobb

Joel Smith

Those cables wear quickly. We got tired of replacing them. Here's the fix. Pull the cable out to full throttle. Drill a 1/16 hole threw the center of the rod just before it enters the panel. Tie a paper clip to your key. When you pull out the throttle insert the clip. Haven't replaced one in three years.
Or update to an EFI

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
When I bought my unit used, the guy simply used vice grips to clamp the cable once he had it pulled out far enough.

Probably when I changed the blower, I don't need to give it as much fuel and I don't need to grips anymore, it stays where I put it for hours.

Also, don't know why these newer cables are wearing out. I think this is the original cable on my unit, 19yrs old, 12000 hours and no signs of wear. Go figure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom