Up, Up and Up.

steamron

Name
Ron
I realize cleaning a home is one thing, knowing that your either doing the first or second floor, maybe an attic.
How would you carpet cleaning guys prices this?

There is a new apartment complex here that has several new bldgs. they are 4 storey high.
You can not park next to the door (entrance) Your first section of hose will be 50 feet or a little more just to get to the entrance of the building.
Then work your hoses straight up the somewhat open staircase, then into the hall and then into said 3rd. floor apartment.

A lot of work and customer is not happy with extra charge.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a couple of those here.
I don't even bother.
Too much work for no money
Lots of idiots here willing to work for wages
Are you an idiot too?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
A lot of work and customer is not happy with extra charge.
Question is: How unhappy are you with lots of extra work yet little money.

And how much work the client generates, how busy are you? etc.
Many times being honest and straight forward with the client, leads to good outcome. If not- Are you comfortable working for someone that wants to take advantage?

Reactions: Nate The Great

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Just a normal day in the big city for US.
We'd rather run the hose then use a porty if we can avoid it-- and we charge $100 extra for the porty.

Name
Nate W.
Is the juice worth the squeeze?!? Unless you have multiple units in the same complex or floor, it sounds like a PITA.. You normally get paid more for PITA situations or why even bother?

I've used up all my "good deeds" in my younger years..

Hey wait a sec! We have a choice?

Not you, how'd the spot turn out? You're suppose to clean the carpet not leave stains...:lol:

Reactions: Able 1

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I'm waiting for some Cobb's juicy juice to arrive. If it doesn't help, I'll refer her to a local firm that does dyeing. I wish I knew how to do it.

Last edited:

steve_64

Everyone moves out of the third floor in shorter times so plan on doing more of those.

I make better money on hallways and I charge extra for damages such as smoke odors or traffic lane damages. $100 for 2 bedroom and should take less than hour.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We do these all the time. .25 per sqft and $3 per stair. I am doing one tomorrow with a new helper. $1200 for 5 hours work and the helper will cost me $120.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bob is right.

I've had clients spend half an hour trying to convince me that their fourth floor, back of the building, 300 feet run is an easy set up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom