Upgraded MicroBeast2 and MicroGlide2 bonnets

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
We've upgraded the MicroBeast and the MigroGlide bonnets. We worked directly with the manufacturer in China to come up with a new version of the MicroBeast and MicroGlide. These changes bring a few improvements to the original bonnet design.

The biggest improvement is increased bonnet rigidity. These new bonnets now have increased dimensional stability. That's helpful with orbital machines, because traditional bonnets can sometimes roll up or fold underneath an orbital machine, especially on dense or heavily padded carpet. As you'll see in the video below, we've found a way to improve this. The edge banding has been upgraded too. And the yarn is slightly longer for additional absorption. Another improvement is that the new MicroBeast2 bonnets are slightly more aggressive.

The video below shows the differences with the new MicroBeast2 bonnet. The new MicroGlide2 bonnets also share the same enhancements to the stability and edge banding. The MicroBeast2 is ideal for commercial carpet and for Berber, whereas the MicroGlide2 is ideal for more delicate cut pile carpet. And since we ordered these bonnets to be custom manufactured in such a large quantity, we're able to offer the new bonnets at a lower price than we could in the past.

While these changes aren't revolutionary (the original versions of these bonnets were excellent) we've found a way to make some small tweaks and squeeze a little more performance out of them. I think you'll like what we've come up with! The new MicroBeast2 and the new MicroGlide2 bonnets are available in 17" 19" and 21" sizes.

microbeast.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The inner foam and mesh have been changed from the previous versions. That's what contributes to the improved lateral stability. The yarn is also slightly longer, and the edge banding is stronger. In the video above you can see the differences.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I'm excited to try mine. Thank you so much Rick for the 2 that you sent out. You definitely go above and beyond and it hasnt gone unnoticed.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Rick, is there any way you can have these made in the USA?

I'll be honest....: I would be happier to pay the higher price if that meant it was produced here and not in far East countries.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Microfiber is not manufactured in the USA. Zero. Nada.

If it says microfiber on the label, it also says made in China.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Good idea. :clap:

I think it's on account of the polyester/polyamide material - it's all sourced in China. Plus they've built up an enormous multi-faceted industry manufacturing every conceivable microfiber item you can imagine. That is why they own the global market for microfiber production. I don't foresee that level of microfiber industry infrastructure being put together in the USA anytime soon.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Well...I don't want to forsee the American industries complete submitting themselves to Chinese manufacturing....

We could build up the same microfiber production here too... MAKE AMERIKKA GREAT AGAIN!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: Johnny

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
In my experience, that is exactly the issue I have found to be the death of these bonnets.

Once play starts to develop between the inner foam and the outer layer it only gets worse as time goes by as they start to puff up and the outer banding starts to get wavy as it gets weaker and they don't spin right and fold under more often.

Exactly the improvements they need.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Rick for the first time ever we were unsuccessful in raffling off your pads due to not enough entries.

For the life of me I can't figure out why.

Why dont we just get a raise of hands from 8 people here who would like to try one..

@Zee
@WillS
@Enge
@Goomer

I got the pads you sent me yesterday. They are amazingly more stiff and sturdy. Congratulations buddy, these should be a huge seller for you.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Rick for the first time ever we were unsuccessful in raffling off your pads due to not enough entries.

For the life of me I can't figure out why.

Why dont we just get a raise of hands from 8 people here who would like to try one..

@Zee
@WillS
@Enge
@Goomer

I got the pads you sent me yesterday. They are amazingly more stiff and sturdy. Congratulations buddy, these should be a huge seller for you.

Yes

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I have been in touch with the Australian importer of Ricks products.

They will be getting some in their next order.

Praise the Lord.

:very_drunk: :very_drunk: :very_drunk: :yoda:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I got 2. Nice. They stay under the machine.

It's just a damn shame nobody in the United States can manufacture a pad that is affordable. Did you try any US manufacturers? How long can we continue to buy s&%t from China?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom