Urine odor coming from grout

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Was thinking to flood it with OSR and let set. Should clean it good and help the odor.

Has anyone used a quat or odorcide on something like this?

Any other tips would be helpful. Will be there next Tuesday. Thanks.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I have always used products with sodium percarbonate in this situation. Give it good dwell time and flush the heck out of it when rinsing.

G

Color seal would work to seal it in,like sealing pet on concrete floors.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bryan,

If your only concern is the urine smell....ad 4 to 8 oz of BP HYDROCIDE to your
favorite high alkaline tile pre-spray....Its not CHEAP....$75.00 gal. give it 15 min.
dwell time & you will be amazed!!!!!!!!

If this is a budget cleaning????? 16oz. of Parsons ammonia + 8oz. of Sodium Percarbonate
in your HF...meter at 8 to 1....If you don't have access to SP give me a call & I'll give you some. SP has a much better shelve-life than H2O2.....I can get you a 30lb. pail for $94.00.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
That's why I was thinking of the OSR since it has Sodium percarb in it. I was more concerned about the urine that has soaked into the grout. Probably no big deal, because the customer has done nothing with it. So whatever I do will make a big difference. I have some odorcide, but was figuring go with OSR first and then odorcide.

Thanks for the help. We are definitely going to have hook up Harp.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
AFFIMATIVE.....

Do you COLOR SEAL grout ???? If you do..I have a lady that has about a 1000sq ft

of green slate on an enclosed porch.....Give me a call tommorrow....slate is about

40 yrs old.....probally could be sealed also....

Back
Top Bottom