Urine stains

Lwood

Name
Larkin Woodard
Had a room with a bunch of urine stains that I hammered with urine stain remover with hydrocide from bridgepoint that wicked back. Any suggestions. Customer is even ok with bleached white spots if thats the only option?
Thanks

Lwood

Name
Larkin Woodard
Saturated and let dwell 20 min then wanded, added dry strokes. They clean right up and looked fantastic when I finished. Customer called about 3hrs later and I'm returning tomorrow to try and treat again.

Mikey P

Administrator
Can you lift the carpet to show them (and you) whats going on?

"Just" wanding from the top can only do so much..

Rinse more and dry stroke even more. Acid rinse too..

Reactions: J Scott W

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Saturated and let dwell 20 min then wanded, added dry strokes. They clean right up and looked fantastic when I finished. Customer called about 3hrs later and I'm returning tomorrow to try and treat again.
Get a water claw. Leave it on until you see no moisture being extracted. You will never have a wicking problem again

Lwood

Name
Larkin Woodard
I don’t think she would allow it, but can always ask. I explained before I started that it was like an ice berg and that I was not cleaning the pad or subfloor. Almost the whole room is covered in the spots so she is probably going to replace it. I was just trying to get her by until animals and kids were trained and didn't know if there was something more aggressive to put on it.
I have fab set on hand, is that sufficient or do you recommend something else. (I currently just clear water rinse with soft water)

Lwood

Name
Larkin Woodard
I would also like to say thank you to everyone. I just found these forums and think it is great to have a community of experience to lean on without being treated like a fool.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Larkin, did you manage to suppress the odor? If you did, I would suggest goingback to your chemical pimp and getting an encap with peroxide.

Make up a quart at double strength, then lightly spritz each wickback and towel it off. Do not wet it, you are polishing the fibers. Then get a fan going to speed up the drying. It will work and the encapsulant will prevent further wicking.

Bridgepoint also has a urine stain remover that has a strong peroxide, spritz, towel and walk away. It works too.

There are other ways and other products, but I'm guessing you are in a hurry and don't have time to order stuff.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Anytime I do a subsurface treatment, water law then use open hose and flood again with just water.

Repeat water rinse at least three times.
Waterclaw each time.

Then slow wand vac passes.

If puppy puddles scattered everywhere it's a different process.

I use all fiber rinse in hydoforce and 20 or 40 vol peroxide mix.
Pretreat room, dwell 10-15 mins.
Rinse with alkaline rinse.

Using the all fiber rinse will aid in neutralizing wee wee to be rinsed out.

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
I just got the new water claw with injectors. Going to try it tomorrow. I think it's going to work great and make urine jobs much easier.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Can't remember the last time I used one.

Not a fan
Why not?

Here's a video I made. I like to flood the carpet with fresh water after it sat with OSR (matrix miracle sodium per carbonate) while my water claw is attached to the carpet. When I don't see any more yellow water, that tells me that all the urine possible is outa there .

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Why not?

Here's a video I made. I like to flood the carpet with fresh water after it sat with OSR (matrix miracle sodium per carbonate) while my water claw is attached to the carpet. When I don't see any more yellow water, that tells me that all the urine possible is outa there .

Yes , it is the way to go if her budgtet allows. Sounds sort of like it was a just get by type of clean. Whole room full of spots.
A difficult situation for the cleaner. Damned either way. !
I like the suggestion of some type of post bonnet/dry clean. cKill Odor plus is still supposed to be an encapsulant, even though it is not on the label any more.(I asked the CS people and was told this)

Reactions: Old Coastie

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yes , it is the way to go if her budgtet allows. Sounds sort of like it was a just get by type of clean. Whole room full of spots.
A difficult situation for the cleaner. Damned either way. !
I like the suggestion of some type of post bonnet/dry clean. cKill Odor plus is still supposed to be an encapsulant, even though it is not on the label any more.(I asked the CS people and was told this)
You can use the water claw and avoid dumping the OSR from a bucket. Just spray a USR down heavy and rinse like I did in the video. It's a lot quicker than the dump method, and you don't need to charge more. It saves a return call and visit back to the job.

Mikey P

Administrator
Toxic cess pool.

Good for one or two controlled areas at best.
Once the pad and subfloor is soaked your just fooling yourself and the nutjob.
Go back and lift the carpet on one of those 70 treatment jobs if you need proof.

steve_64

I would also like to say thank you to everyone. I just found these forums and think it is great to have a community of experience to lean on without being treated like a fool.
Ohh you will get treated rough here but don't take it personal, there are a lot of misfits here that like to good around. Good people with an odd sense of humor.

About the issue, like others said, if the odor isn't and issue then don't over wet it again.

I use OSR on urine. I use a battery sprayer and lay a lot more where I see or know where the spots are. Then flush the whole thing good with lots of dry strokes. Sometimes I leave fans too.

Lwood

Name
Larkin Woodard
Update: Not that customers are ever wrong or exaggerate but all the spots came back was actually 4ish and very light. So I was going with modified Old Coastie suggestion and added more peroxide to the bridgepoint urine stain remover I already had on hand (which after seeing the job had worked pretty well the first time) sprayed on and brushed in they faded away and so far I have not heard back. Thanks again for all the help, can't wait to try out some of the other suggestions.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Larkin, Monday I did a hallways' worth of rooms for a local assisted living facility. Owner called me about a couple of wickbacks (expected) so I popped by for 30 minutes and dealt with them. Also treated a few rooms with Hydrocide because they had some slight odor.

Owner called today to report all is well. Asked me how much and when I told him it is part of the service, went nuts. "You da MAN!"

But for a customer worth $4000/year, what is 30 minutes and a cup of chemical?

So congrats and way to deal with your customer uprightly!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Toxic cess pool.

Good for one or two controlled areas at best.
Once the pad and subfloor is soaked your just fooling yourself and the nutjob.
Go back and lift the carpet on one of those 70 treatment jobs if you need proof.
That is one of my repeat customers. I've been there 2 times after that video, and there wasn't any wicking worth complaining about. You know it's better than just wanding. When did you become so stubborn?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom