Urine Urine everywhere, but not a drop to drink

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I thought my urine streak was over. But the last few day I have been hammered with challenges. This morning I got called into an assisted living facility that I clean for. There was a room with a "slight odor issue" and they wanted it deodorized. I show up and the resident informed me that his little dog had recently passed and there may be a few urine spots. I entered the unit and was overwhelmed with the strong urine odor. Clicked on the UV light and the show began. I would estimate that 80% - 100% was urine contaminated.

I told the tenant and his family that I strongly recommend that they replace the carpet. I explained to them the issues at hand and what was within the realm of possibilities. I flat out told them I did not want to do it. The daughter begged me and asked me to just try and she understood my admonishment. She said they had talked with the facility manager and were told it would take months to get new carpet installed.

Ugh....... this unit was in a far corner and on the second floor. It would have been a real challenge to get hoses and equipment up there. So I offered to encap the place loaded with Saiger P-Lyme. I had not intention of standing on a water claw for 8 hours and I tried to get out of doing it altogether. So, off I went with my Orbot, loaded with Releasit and P-Lyme.

I was really shocked with the results. I honestly didn't expect much. This urine soaked CGD carpet came out beautiful and the P-Lyme knocked out the smell. Am I proud, NO. Did I help them, I don't know. Did I charge them, I did not.

Below is a walk-through video I did of the unit. It should give some idea what I was dealing with.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The excuse of being too far away from your BIG ASS 870 is stupid.

And did you know that chihuahua piss is so little that very little, if none gets in the pad. It's mostly on the surface. I think this area is where those damn dogs were invented, so I know that normal oxidized prespray with a post spray of enzymes would've solved their problem.

You're good at masking over urine though. I'll give you that. By the time the smell COMES BACK, there's already new urine spots causing another odor. So the client blames it on the dog again, instead of the cover up artist, who should've removed the first odor, LOL

Reactions: hogjowl

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
On this carpet, You have a rotovac. Forget the waterclaw. Apply your prespray with OXY heavy, saturate the carpet, let it dwell, extract with the rotovac on slow, go back over it rinsing it with the rotovac on slow, make your dry passes, apply P-lyme so that it works while the carpet is drying.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The excuse of being too far away from your BIG ASS 870 is stupid.

And did you know that chihuahua piss is so little that very little, if none gets in the pad. It's mostly on the surface. I think this area is where those damn dogs were invented, so I know that normal oxidized prespray with a post spray of enzymes would've solved their problem.

You're good at masking over urine though. I'll give you that. By the time the smell COMES BACK, there's already new urine spots causing another odor. So the client blames it on the dog again, instead of the cover up artist, who should've removed the first odor, LOL
BLA BLA BLA.
And i'm not dragging 300' of hose for $200. I'd rather encap for free.
It came out great.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
On this carpet, You have a rotovac. Forget the waterclaw. Apply your prespray with OXY heavy, saturate the carpet, let it dwell, extract with the rotovac on slow, go back over it rinsing it with the rotovac on slow, make your dry passes, apply P-lyme so that it works while the carpet is drying.
Nope

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom