Using a rinse vs water rinse

Josh Almanza

Name
Josh Almanza
Just bought a new prochem truckmount and the installer said “use a water rinse bc stock rinses cause calcium build up and leads to truckmount de scaled” I’ve always been a rinse kinda cleaner so hearing this caught my attention. A lot of experience cleaners on here and want to know what you guys think? Thanks.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
My chem injection was down for a couple weeks when I was waiting on parts. I use Flex Ice.

I absolutely noticed a difference.

Reactions: Josh Almanza

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
An acid rinse will descale the build up, so if you use it regularly your system will not need descaling.
Not all acid rinses also have detergency (Flex Ice supposedly does).

I find most alkaline rinses to be more potent at removing stains, soils and less wicking or re-appearing stains.
When I used an acid rinse, my pump did not last as long (though that was not a scientific test so I could be wrong).

Either way is fine.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just bought a new prochem truckmount and the installer said “use a water rinse bc stock rinses cause calcium build up and leads to truckmount de scaled” I’ve always been a rinse kinda cleaner so hearing this caught my attention. A lot of experience cleaners on here and want to know what you guys think? Thanks.
Check to see what your water hardness is and install a water softener if necessary. Use an alkaline extraction detergent metered through the chemical injection system and descale regularly.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

I don't think I understand.

Did they mean a fresh water rinse instead of a "stock rinse" because fresh water alone won't build up scale? Your Prochem truck mount has a last step injection for whatever you choose to use, and there is no "stock rinse" introduced anywhere in the heat exchangers and related "hot plumbing" where calcium from hard water builds up.

Some cleaning agents can create build ups in your system, but again only in the small amount of plumbing where chemicals are injected.

Tom Forsythe

Houston looks like it has moderately hard water. Calcium build up comes from the hard water not from the rinses. If you use soft water you should have no issues when you use a rinse. If you do not use soft water, you will have issues over time, but nothing like a cleaner in hard water areas with a high heat truckmount. The need for a water softener increases based on the heat of the truckmount and the hardness of your water.
CF-0417-water-quality-table-3.png

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom