Van Lettering

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Hey guys , hows it hanging? Hopefully like a horn so someone will blow it!
My question I have for all of you pros's is this. I currently have a 1994 Ford Clubwaggon. The van runs great, it has 150,000 miles on it. It needs a paint job. I am kicking around the idea of getting the van lettered. The only draw back is in NY you can not drive on parkways I will only be able to use the Expressways. Am I losing allot of business because my van is not lettered? Should I get my van lettered? What is every ones opinion on having your van lettered must have or not a must have?

Thanks
Johnny

Dolly

that depends upon if you think the van will give you a few more years of service.

If it needs a paint job it would present better with lettering.

If your not going to paint it, and I would not pay the cost of lettering it.

What are the chances you can get you a newer one......

Only you can know..........

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Well since the van runs great. I am going to keep it for 100,000 more miles. I think I can defiantly get 250,000 miles on this van. So with that said I am planning on keeping the van for 4 more years at the max. I will tell you though it is in need of a new paint job.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
in 2 post you emphasized the need for a paint job........

Get it painted and then stand back and look at the lettering....If it is that bad then lettering in not going to help it without a clean look..........

are you loosing business with out the lettering.........hard to say... but chances are you may be loosing it is your van is as bad as you are making it sound........

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I am making the van out to be worse than it is. There are two small dents on it and the paint is 14 years old. So the paint is dull. If it was painted the van would look like a 2004.

G

Spend the 3k and put paint on it, paint the bumpers and grill too while your at it. If you want the $800 paint job, save your money.

Do it nice or don't do it at all.

Chad

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
3k holy shit what do you all put in your paint

we can get a top of the line full body paint job here for around 1100.00
2 toned...........

G

We put a word called quality in it. And one can see ones pimples on ones ass 15 feet away.

G

We put a word called quality in it. And one can see ones pimples on ones ass 15 feet away.

Becker

Name
Becker
And I thought I worked the piss out of my vans keeping them until they show 130-140k hardcore stop and go miles.

You are putting about 11k miles a year on the van. By the time you have 250k on it , it will be a 24 year old van.

If you want to letter it, do it on a good base. Meaning good paint, spend the money on good paint.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom