vct tile question

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I don't like cleaning vct tile but a property manager that gives me a lot of work needs a small kitchen done in one of the units, so I told him that I could do it. It dosen't have much wax left on it, its not that dirty either. I was going to spray down some judson 02, scrubb it, and then rinse it with my turbo at about 700 psi? Then apply a few coats of floor finish? Im not sure if I can use the turbo with this type of floor.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Heat and high pressure on VCT

Get them tiles hot and pressure get under them and you will be putting down some VCT.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I wouldn't think that 700 psi would be too much? Maybe 500 -600 to be on the safe side.

Dave, this is what I would do. Forget the judsons. Lightly strip the floor, mix stripper for light build up, clean all edges with doodle bug/scrub pads/putty knife. Pick stripper solution up with shop vac. Then you can rinse the floor, couple of times with a mop bucket wringer. I would not use the turbo on a small area. I can't see how using your turbo would save you any time. Do not suck up stripper and old wax into your truckmount or portable extractor with the turbo tool. And always cold water rinse. Ron

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
There is hardly any wax on the floor. The guy justs wants it good enough to rent nothing fancey. Im cleaning some carpets there so I figured a rinse with the turbo would be best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom