VCT tile

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just bid on it what do I need ?

about 1000 sq ft they want it stripped and waxed!

175? red pads? stripper, gekko tile wand? mop and wax?

Break it down I'll know tomorrow if I'm hosed or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Black pads...hi pro

i would use a wet vac over my TM any day of the week

Name
George Valliant
That looks like black plastic from the furniture legs burned into the floor. that's horrible.

you're gonna have to get super aggressive to get those out. I think...

I'd wet chemical strip it with a dry strip pad. maybe a black pad too. maybe even a screen too.

yes, you'll need a 175 machine for sure or a square scrub machine. you'll also need something to slurp up the slurry with. I like a squeegee attachment connected to a porty. Also, you can fill the porty with nuertral cleaner for a killer rinse and use a lance to apply.

a mop bucket is handy too.

so, after stripping the heck out of it a coupe times and rinsing w/ nuertal cleaner and a nice damp mop finish.

now, you can start laying down your floor finish. I like a flat mop with applicator bucket.

I would put down a coat of sealer, then 3 or 4 coats of finish.

but those black stains look really bad.

is the floor damaged?

if the floor is heavly damaged it wouldn't hurt to put down an extra coat or two of sealer before applying finish.

have fun with that one!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Make sure you are charging very well for this as it will be very time consuming, simple and straight forward but time consuming.

George laid it out how it needs to be done and just take your time.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
They just had it done a few months ago and he said it got really bad quick so I don't know! It's. Truckers lounge. What's a fair price for a 1000 sq ft

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Honestly if it's something you've never done would you try and tackle this????

Name
George Valliant
Hope the whole floor doesn't look like that... if it's just that one bad area you should be able to do as good a job as anyone else. if you make it look good you might have a new regular account.

if you use a dry strip pad be careful with the blue tiles cuz I accidently faded color out of colored tiles once using a dry strip pad.

they wouldn't like my price cuz i'd want a dollar a foot.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Oh go do it it will be fine
500'at least or more if can get it
no different then carpet cleaning people do that cheap also
you can make out alright on vct if ya charge enough

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
thats on top of the finish....more so if they just had it done....

explain to their dumb asses they need some protectors on these chairs...or better yet...different chairs...

1000 ft of wide open i am gathering??? being it sounds like a lounge of some sort....

you moving stuff or are they???

300-600 depending if they move it....youll be done in about 3 hrs.....assuming the edges are fine, and other things not show in the picture...

$22 an hr....

STFU....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Hope the whole floor doesn't look like that... if it's just that one bad area you should be able to do as good a job as anyone else. if you make it look good you might have a new regular account.

if you use a dry strip pad be careful with the blue tiles cuz I accidently faded color out of colored tiles once using a dry strip pad.

they wouldn't like my price cuz i'd want a dollar a foot.

no that was the worst spot they would've moved everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and as i was reminded tonight.....

bring a helper....doing it by yourself sux and takes damn near twice the time....(and for Mike...that equates to almost $150 per)

a job that usually takes me 4ish hours....with helper took me almost 7......and my feet are killing me....

5 helpers and not 1 was available

2 had their FT jobs.....
2 had Christmas parties
and my dad....well he might have a cracked rib, from when he had me try and pop his back or turkey day:redface:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm running more and more into VCT's, I just need to see what my production rate(s) would be to strip, seal, and apply finish. Has anyone gotten an average idea? Have never done it before I'm comparing it to tile and carpet (as far as production rates) so I know what to charge.

I have access to a 20 inch 3250 rpm square scrub w/ 3m pads and good finish locally (but only use it on a demo).

Thanks,
Bill

Mikey P

Administrator
$30 an hour if you don't want to get out bid at least half the time, less if you have a strong Spanish population thereabouts.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
a lot of things to consider (like what type of equipment you have) and helpers....

mike still seems to think that stripping is janitorial work, and thus the low pay...

but it can be VERY profitable...even in some of the low paying per sqft jobs i was hitting $100 an hr gross for the biz....and around 60-75 after expenses...

some type of auto scrubber is a must...which leads to what type of vehicle are you using...very hard to do in a van with a TM in it, which makes a small trailer a good option possibly

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I'm running more and more into VCT's, I just need to see what my production rate(s) would be to strip, seal, and apply finish. Has anyone gotten an average idea? Have never done it before I'm comparing it to tile and carpet (as far as production rates) so I know what to charge.

I have access to a 20 inch 3250 rpm square scrub w/ 3m pads and good finish locally (but only use it on a demo).

Thanks,
Bill

Bill, 100-150 sqr ft hour for small/mid size areas.
This number is going to slide up/down depending on how much wax is on floor and amount of corners you have to deal with. But its a starting point...

You can go much higher in wide open spaces and with heavy duty equipment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom