vegetable dye rug?

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Picked up two small ones did a test and they are bleeders.I have cleaned hundreds of rugs never had a problem
these have me wondering if i should just drop them back off and let someone else deal with them?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
People think everything is vegetal dyed it’s kind of a buzzword …like “green cleaning” doesn’t mean it is but it sounds nice.

Sub it out is one way to handle the rugs or a low moisture method which doesn’t get the rug very clean but you won’t be buying it either

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Well cleaned the rugs today used planet guard, worked great .I also spray fabric softener on it for a great
touch. ( Lisa wagner trick) Tomorrow i will work on the fringe.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Try not to use any 'tricks' if you can possibly help it. Fabric softeners are cationic surfactants and may cause more rapid resoiling.

In the olden days rug cleaners used coconut oil soap because it left the wool feeling nice and silky (I thought greasy).

It also caused rapid resoiling, which the rug cleaners loved, but is also why we still have customers that put off cleaning as long as possible since everyone knows that carpets get dirty faster after you clean them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom