Vehicle Wreck

G

I was rear ended smashed up my bumper and quarter panel. I run a bane machine just the main part not the big tanks and my gate valve was smashed and it bent the waste tank. It also broke off my psi gauge and snapped the solution piping that runs into the machine. My little giant heater was also affected and it was what smashed into my machine. Has anyone have this happen? Any thoughts on how to approach this insurance wise?

Thanks

Darrell

harryhides

Name
Tony
I've had a few trucks in accidents. Our insurer counts anything that is bolted down as part of the vehicle and is counted towards its value. What is great is that they don't have a clue about equipment values or life expectancies for depreciation purposes.

Make sure that all other equipment is insured separately.

John Watson

Is your bane bolted down or still on wheels? Might affect the coverage unless you had a seperate policy coverage for your equipment. Hope you are OK. A jolt like that can affect you.

JohnnyV

I've not had an Accident, sorry to hear about your bad luck anyways, but the insurance company made me cover it under the inland marine policy.

G

At least he hit ME not the other way around. He did get a ticket probably for assured clear distance. It was in the middle of a snowstorm. I was able to stop in time and though I was clear then bang. That sure does make a nice thud sound. I would assume his insurance would cover the damages to the machine? Lucky I do this part time and took next week off but will definetaly need it the following week. It was on wheels very small ones I had to modify the machine to fit in my truck. It was strapped down but it let loose then the damage happened. It was about a 30 mph hit. My business insurance is with one company and the vehicle another.

Thanks

F

FB7777

To be safe, I would specify that it is bolted to the truck. In Massachusetts, your insurance company processes the claim and then seeks reimbursement from the responsible party's insurance company.

Take pictures and get an inventory list of prices for replacement cost.

G

If your insurance is like my insurance...anything "attached / bolted" to the vehicle is part of the vehicle and anything not attached to the vehicle is insured separately.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom