Vent for the truck

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am looking for some type of a vent that I can cut into the truck so it can let some of the heat out...........I put a thermometer back there and was hitting 175............

I don't want a roof vent because of the material the top of the box is made of.I am looking for more in in the lines that I can add to the Frt of the box.............It does not have to have a fan or anything but I would like to be able to close it in the winter.....(yes we do get that cold)

any Ideas

RUGMAN1969

How about using some type of Vortex fan to blow out and ventilate the truck while cleaning. We also use a cube van and I went to Rural King and purchased this huge vortex style fan (they are used for small grain bins mine is 110 volts) works like a charm.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is not just while I am cleaning.it is when it is sitting out in the hot sun and the heat is building inside with no place to go.........

Jimbo

How about a solar roof vent...small photovoltaic cell with a fan in a shroud...???

eg ebay item #200091658601

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
You know jim I was thinking about you today because of that issue...

cleaned a job from 9-1, ran some errands and then another from 6-9..

And that friggin trailer was roastin....when i popped the lid to clean the blower filters...oh damn it was hot in there...

And I thought "I wonder what jim does down in that nasty heat???"

BTW it was 99 here today

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you get use to the heat and learn how to deal with it just as the guys up in the northern states learn how to deal with the sub-zero temps...........

adding a type of vent to exhaust the heat is one way.........
I put one on the van with the CDS but I think the fiberglass ceiling in the UD box may be to flimsy for that type.

C

Carpet Dude

americanvan.com

search vent.

i have both models on top of my van van roof....the motorized fan I have directly above the top of tm .......the two-way vent I have towards the back of van roof.

GRHeacock

I think a roof vent is best. However, what about putting it on the back door, or having a back window open?

If your present back door window is not made to open, I expect an RV company or custom truck company can install an openable window.

Gary

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
gary he has the almighty V...

they dun have no need for a stinkin window on the "box" :roll: :roll:

sooooo the ceiling has no supports at all???

thats just retarded

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the ceiling does have supports...........

you can see them in this picture..................

101_3223.jpg

Also notice how much light is coming threw...............
That is because the top is fiberglass to allow light in.......

and IMO it is to week/flimsy to hold a roof vent.......
I like Shane T idea I will have to look into those.........
they are also low profile.........and there are a few places I go that I only have 5 inches of clearance to get threw the gates...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom