viscose rugs how are you cleaning them

Ron K

Ron,,
Call me Thursday I'll see if I can help.
206 842 5671
www.rhkoller.com
has a you tube video showing how we wash rugs
viscose are usually treated the same with a few precautions but nothing to run from immediately.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I'd like to know this too. We stopped cleaning them because they always looking like shit. You can't get them wet at all. I wonder if we could use just dry compound, but even then.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We hace used dry compound but doesn't work well on badly soiled/stained rug. Also we have shampooed with prochem foam solvent shampoo using cold water. Hot water seems to cause vicose to mat to the point you can't groom it out. Most viscose rugs are cheap and I agree they are garbage can material but some people insist on having them cleaned. We do only at the customers risk. Some people are doing a full immersion clean' any comments on that?

Reactions: WillS
Name
Nate W.
We hace used dry compound but doesn't work well on badly soiled/stained rug. Also we have shampooed with prochem foam solvent shampoo using cold water. Hot water seems to cause vicose to mat to the point you can't groom it out. Most viscose rugs are cheap and I agree they are garbage can material but some people insist on having them cleaned. We do only at the customers risk. Some people are doing a full immersion clean' any comments on that?

When you groom it, are you using a velvet carding brush?

We do immersion wash some viscose rugs....Mostly with urine on them.... Others without stable dyes get the a surface clean...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
lately with using the foam solvent, we use a regular grooming brush but sometimes we still have to use the carding brush. If the matting is severe, we let it dry and use a vapor steamer and carding brush together. be nice to have a vapor steam grooming tool especially with high traffic areas and pile reversal.

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
Dry cleaning with solvents has been the only way for us to not change look or feel. That being said we have cleaned many that are too soiled for dry cleaning and will top clean with a wand or totally immersion clean in severe urine contamination issues, but warn the clients of pile and hand issues.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Aside from a rug that may have belonged to Elvis, or something...are there Viscose rugs with a value per square foot that exceeds the price to "properly" clean/restore, if it is badly soiled or urine soaked?

I mean, I've bought a few really nice looking ones for far less than a dollar a square foot.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We have a large flooring company here selling higher end rugs with viscose blended with wool. They have a 9x12 wool/viscose hanging on the wall for 7000.00. Of course they call it man made silk. I also have a customer in southlands, Vancouver who has a 20x24 wool/viscose rug in her living room which we have spot cleaned twice. Not looking forward to the day when she wants the whole thing cleaned.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Aside from a rug that may have belonged to Elvis, or something...are there Viscose rugs with a value per square foot that exceeds the price to "properly" clean/restore, if it is badly soiled or urine soaked?
YES! Take a stroll through the Restoration Hardware site to see an abundance of rayon product selling for $6k and up.

As for how to clean, it depends on how they're constructed. You can immersion clean a woven or hand-knotted, you have to be very careful with tufted rayon rugs.

Robert Hughes

Name
Robert Hughes
We typically wash them. We keep the ph low, dry it fast, and groom it well. Here is a wool with viscose that suffered some browning that was able to be fixed.

Attachments

• 1930494_1071186016276924_387987051359550219_n.jpg
    1930494_1071186016276924_387987051359550219_n.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 498

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom