VLM'er getting into commercial T&G - bad idea?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
this is for commercial, not resi T&G:

wondering if the VLM tools i already have on the van might be able to do double-duty and clean T&G as well? i'm not going to buy more equipment (ie: porty & turbo tool.)

- Cimex
- Trio CRB
- Orbot

i have done 1 or 2 T&G jobs over the years (Cimex prescrub, dwell then finished with OP/cotton pad to remove slurry) but have never advertised for it. am i missing out on serious $ or is cleaning T&G only for those with a HWE/Turbo type combo?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've seen a bunch of video's on Steve's board using the Orbot. Finished product looked good!

So I'd say yes you can do it and it will look good but I think what you'll find is it could be easier with a TM or High pressure portable and turbo tool.

I think I'd investigate it get setup with your chems and do a few jobs either free or at a reduced discount until you get some experience with your system. Then if you start selling it and it takes off you can always upgrade (speed wise) to a HP portable or TM.

Good luck!

Reactions: Derek

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Absolutely Derek, we did it for a dozen years before i even knew what a turbo tool was.
I would not "pad" it though. Pick up a cheap shop vac for the slurry for now and a commercial grade one when you have enough work. And rinse...

The crb should do a great job scrubbing t/g but you will have quite a bit of hand work in corners, baseboards and in stalls.
In our region most commercial t/g is restrooms. The #1 cleaning complaint in office buildings is restrooms, carpet is pretty far down the list actually.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i've no doubt a TM would be the fastest way to do it. just thinking if i can make it work and make more great $ with the tools we already have. thanks for the input fellas! :D

Name
Damon
Orbot, three plates per side plus the HOS tile and grout brush. You will need to buy a quality wet/dry vac or small porty. Speaking from experience, not having one or the other will slow you down. Like others have said, I do think a spinner is faster. However, you don't work alone so whatever process you go with will be reasonably efficient.

View attachment 4577

View attachment 4578

Reactions: Derek

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
i've no doubt a TM would be the fastest way to do it. just thinking if i can make it work and make more great $ with the tools we already have. thanks for the input fellas! :D

I wouldnt worry about it derek, cleaners have been cleaning t/g that way for 30 years.

Like everything in this industry, finding the jobs is the hard part.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom