Vortex for O/O only?

G

I will be buying a new TM in October or November. We are building a new house right now,and I need to wait until I finish that before I finance something else that big.

Looked at the Vortex Website today. $1300.00 per month for 84 months.
It is an impressive machine. but is it better suited for the O/O?
Wouldn't a Butler (w/high heat) be better for the employee/O?

Never used either one,I've always had Steamways,and they are definitely NOT tech friendly.

Butler would be less expensive.
What would you do?

ps. Does anybody in the Southeast service the V?
If I planned on staying on the truck,I would get the V hands down.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
every one (including Mike ) told me that the Vortex was not a good machine for the O/O.....................

I have had mine for less then a year and have raised my bottom line
tremendously .......

not because of the machine but because of what I was able to add on and accomplish with it..................

the Butler is a great machine.but I ran the CDS before I ran the Vortex and the Butler is pretty close to the CDS

I liked the CDS but I topped it out and was working myself to death
I have stepped up my pace and have been able to add on things that I could not do before due to lack of room .....time.. ..and distance....I work less hours and I am making more money due to the efficiency.........

so I still have room to grow before I need to decide where I am going to go from there...........

Both machines will take you where you want to go.....one will just take you there different from the other

Greenie

the old butler hydramaster comparison, I'm not sure why but guys who hook up 4 to the door or a 2.5" hose on a butler report a significant increase in vacuum, those who do this on a HM CDS do not report that much increase, so something is up with the direct comparison.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well, put it this way...

I'm gonna be a nervous wreck when I take off for a week in July while my tech uses MY V all alone.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
My Tech uses my V alone alot of the time. I can trust him 100%. But he is one rare employee. If we are together we take the V. If he is alone and doesn't have a super huge day, he has to take the Boxxer427. (with tears in his eyes)

1 V plus 2 Techs is a money making machine. Dual wand is very productive.
1 V pus 1 Tech is a very expensive machine.

If I was going to have 2 really well trained Techs on the truck I would go Vortex all day long. One guy on the truck I would go slide in with a #5 blower.

IMO

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the collective said:
the old butler hydramaster comparison, I'm not sure why but guys who hook up 4 to the door or a 2.5" hose on a butler report a significant increase in vacuum, those who do this on a HM CDS do not report that much increase, so something is up with the direct comparison.

the comparison had nothing to do with the size hose..... or amount of increase in vacuum........
it was more directed at .......Van size.....amount you can carry.....efficiency
things like this..........

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have never been able to get a handle on just how a Vortex can make a single operator faster. It just seems to me that the hose comes off the reel the same way, and the wand moves the same whether the machine costs $15,000 or if it costs $100,000.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
with the cds I had to hook up the hose to a water source on the building I was cleaning........

after about 3 good jobs I always had to hook up the apo or stop and dump out...

a lot comes from less steps I have to take that save me time

Vortex

Steve,Food for thought
Total of payments plus sales tax,insurance required by lessor,delivery,add ons you may want.

Total $150,000.00

If you can cut out .05 cents per ft from you net per sq ft.Will be hard to do,for equipment purchase,I find the following.

You will have cleaned Two Million Five Hundred Thousand Sq Ft of carpet to own a 8 year old Truck Mount.

To the guys running Vortex machines,if you are happy that is all that matters.

Good luck,Judson

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
aside from a few less dry passes....it is all the same as far as cleaning.........
the end results are all the same,no matter what you use.....
it allows you to save time during the coarse of a day and replace that time with extra services or another job............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom