Vortex guys and gals you have to try this

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I think 4" hose would be rather awkward, have you tried it yet?
And who even sells it? And at what kind of cost? Do they make a 4" to 2" reducer or do you need a 4" wand? Also on a reel that holds 400' of 2" hose, will even 200' of 4" fit?
or do we need another reel as well?
I'm all for power and efficiency, but sometimes I think this is getting a bit crazy... it seems that the you have to reach a point where you get diminishing returns from all these modifications.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm running a 3" hose. Its quite awkward as it is. I got it from McMaster-Carr, cost about $4 or $5 per foot. With a Roots 59 and no reducer to 2" hose, I could rev that blower up with hardly any change to my vac guage. I think going to 4" might be going past the point of beneficial returns, or diminishing returns, whatever the term is.
My blower filter is a 3" filter, my exhaust is 3". 3" is my limiting factor.

What is the limiting factors on the Vortex? You could run 4" to the door then down to 2", or to the 2.5" if you are going 2.5 right to the wand.

The nice thing about 3" is that 3"ABS fittings fit it perfectly and there are 3"-2" reducers available at the local plumbing store.

steve r

why not just pull the carpet take it down to the river and beat it over some rocks and hang it out in the sun to dry then reinstall.
should be able to get $2.00 FT.

steve r

or clear water versus green and high tide versus low tide spring water versus fall water after rain or before.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Seeing is believing!

And besides if the blower is hosed at 5" why not just go 5" from the start, instead of going 4" now and upgrading to 5" later?

Greenie

captaincarpet said:
Seeing is believing!

And besides if the blower is hosed at 5" why not just go 5" from the start, instead of going 4" now and upgrading to 5" later?

Vortex 7000 is 4" at the blower.

The tapering hose is called a Cobra.

I'm surprised the Viking opened his big mouth this early.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
317106303_8459efdf5b.jpg

Due to a crime scene I had to park 3 blocks away. I hooked this one up and made my 45 scream

Seriously, I've been thinking about the 2.5

Albert

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
As most of you already know, I have an Aero Tech which has the 6008 blower and 5" blower inlet. I did not know the V 7000 only had 4".
(not surprised though lol)
I'm just saying... why when they build these big units, and when we tweak them out...why go to 2.5", only to go to 3" later, only to go to 4" even later? It is beginning to be like a darn computer... obsolete before we get it home!
I'd really like to "tweak" it 1 time and be done!
I spent 1350.00 for each wand...almost a grand each for the Ti wand, then another 350.00 each to tweak them out only to find I need bigger jets... only to find now I need a 2.5" wands... where does it end?

And its not like some schmuck set the wands up... I had the best guy around tweak them! (Greenie)

I feel my customers deserve the best, and I try to deliver outstanding service on every job but I feel I'm fighting a loosing battle! How many upgrades can the truck be put thru, and when am I getting diminishing returns? Do I need to spend thousands to modify my tank, filter assemblies, and hoses ? HELP!!!!!!!!!!

steve r

my only question would be is the carpet that much cleaner or are you getting it that much dryer?
are you charging 20 or 30% more for your efforts.
come on guys customers are not going to pay the price they would for new carpet.
im selling the fact that im enviromentaaly friendly can you say that.
and my carpets come out looking great and stay clean as long as most.
do you dump at the carwash? do you have permission to dump at the local water treatment plant. not everyone can,ive been okd by the city i live in.
get a grip.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
are you getting good dry times.......... .are your carpets coming clean..........are your clients happy...........

are you working smart and not killing your self.............

If you can say "yes" to all the above questions..........then it ain't broke.....so why try to fix it.......

F

FB7777

but Jim the even if the individual answers 'yes' to all those questions, what are they basing their answers on? In Steve's case it is his limited experience with his Bane unit.

dry compared to what?

Clean? compared to what?

my clients are MUCH happier now that I can tell them how fast their carpets will be dry and I also don't have to be the excuse master I once was when running the Bane... " sorry maam, that traffic area is just shading"

BS it was dirt I couldn't pull out with my mist and vac Bane unit

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I guess what I was saying .going by capt carpet.......post

there has to be a stopping point some where..........

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
So Fred, are you saying even that shading is coming out with the high flow?

At a certain point the carpet is going to be clean and dry. We are rinsing with water. I can't see extracting 100% so that means there will be some drying time. Where is the point of diminishing returns?

If you want to really go for it, put the 4" hose on right to a wand and then to a green glide. It'll be a real prick to work with but you'll have THE BEST.
what about 3" right to the wand?
I know what my 3" hose is like to work with and I wouldn't want it all through the house. Its like working with an anaconda.

steve r

no fred my point is how much do i have to spend to clean 1/4 to 1/2 in of fiber.i want profit not to spend all my money on more and more equipment.true my experience is limited but my common sense is of great value to me. show me how spending $50.000 TO SAVE 10 MIN. is making my buiseness better. now i know when i get a lot busier i may want this but surely not now.

C

Carpet Dude

31aa.jpg

heck I beat all you guys.....I've been using 4" to the door long ago and hooking up to the neighborhood fire hydrant cause my pump just can't keep up.....

CaptainCarpet....keep spending on up grades....soon if not already you'll wake up from the hypnosis...

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Also for your info... The only upgrades have been to the wand a year ago when they were purchased, I have done no modifications and am still using 2" hose to a 2" wand. I mean darn... I have an AT and it blows away every butler or hydramaster I've ever run!
Dries In Minutes! That was my point!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Captain Carpet asked where will it all end?

These "improvements" are the handy work of a BB salesman who doesn't actually clean carpets. As most who use 2.5 and 3 inch hose can tell.

As to when it will all end ... it never will. This is how he makes a living. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom