WajadoWednesday?!?

Mikey P

Administrator
Been a while...

2 jobs for me. No carpet at all.

Had to go off roading in my Pickemuptruck to the back hills of Davenport to Enhance some Black Slate to the tune of $1057.

Came out oh so nice.

I didn't charge enough to be honest.

Then in the Afternoon I had my first Grout Perfect Color Seal job.
@ bathroom countertops, a tub surround and a stall. Linen and Antique White. I fixed all kinds of mistakes that the tile setter made.

GP is much easier to work with than other Color Seals I've used. Cleans up after it dries on the tile pretty easy.

$950.....

and why arnt all of you doing Tile and Stone?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Sent off a test run of 1/2 page flyers (commercial) to the printer to be put out tommorow... Had a residential cancel... They actually found someone cheaper. Fuggit... Scheduled 7 restaurants for next week & locked on help with putting out the flyers...

Becker

Name
Becker
Took the day off.

Changed oil in the van, TM and personal truck.
Cleaned out the van, replcaed the TM battery.
Cleaned the garage, mowed the yard, weeded, fertilized.

Stated packing for this weekends hunting trip.

Hair cut.

Booked a few jobs via calls.

Hauled soem stuff off to donate.

Nothing all the exciting, made no money, but I did get some checks in the mail.

Oh yes, and slept in till 8am!

LeeCory

I love that picture of you and your son Becker! I wish I had that pic with mine.... I need to get some pics taken of the family before everyone gets too old and moves out.

lesterj2

changed oil in TM...
checked to see if my new filter box & waste tank gaskets were still intact...
made 2 new threads on Mikey's Board in the Clean Room...

Becker

Name
Becker
Thanks...

I was just thinking today it was time for a new pic of he and I. ( mostly him to send to the family )

They grow up super fast! He started 4th grade today. Some of you old timers I'm sure remember when he was born.

Not sure how old your kids are, but it might look kinda odd to see a teenager hanging over your back.. Ha Ha.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mikey P said:
Been a while...

2 jobs for me. No carpet at all.

Had to go off roading in my Pickemuptruck to the back hills of Davenport to Enhance some Black Slate to the tune of $1057.

Came out oh so nice.

I didn't charge enough to be honest.

Then in the Afternoon I had my first Grout Perfect Color Seal job.
@ bathroom countertops, a tub surround and a stall. Line and Antique White. I fixed all kinds of mistakes that the tile setter made.

GP is much easier to work with than other Color Seals I've used. Cleans up after it dries on the tile pretty easy.

$950.....

and why arnt all of you doing Tile and Stone?

Don't know how, is your vid. out yet?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ran my ass ragged tryin to get everything done.
Did 3 jobs
met up with Kevin P.
Saw my buddy who's father just past away
came home where my girlfriend is cookin some din din.

The runnin my ass ragged part pertained to everything else I had to do.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Got in around 6:00 am this morning, slept until noon, did a small 3 room apt then off to Salt Lake for a meeting with the American Diabetes Assoc then took my wife out to dinner and had a few beers. Now rest up for the resteraunt that I have to do tonight. :shock:

Mikey P

Administrator
No way a two hour video can prepare you for the horros you will encounter out there in the field.

It's trial and error, ride alongs, asking questions here..

if you dont have at least some practical common sense, an artistic touch, some handy man skills and the ability to bullshit your way out of a botched job every now and then, stick to carpet.

TimP

Did 3 rooms and a hall. $218. In 2.5 hours.

Helped install come cgd carpet and move furniture for the install. Worked maybe 2 hours there. Going to finish the job off tomorrow.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mikey P said:
No way a two hour video can prepare you for the horros you will encounter out there in the field.

if you dont have at least some practical common sense, an artistic touch, some handy man skills and the ability to bullshit your way out of a botched job every now and then, stick to carpet.

Just need to see it done, I wouldn't go into a place not knowing anything but what i read here, I want to at least look like I know what I'm doing and I know I can BS to fill the rest.

I also have to buy all the shtuff to do it.

Keith

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
lined up Cody for the day

Followed Shane to an empty rental house around the corner.
Ran the vac for him while he set up and pre-sprayed.
lined up Shane for the rest of day, then boogied over to Cheese Eaterville to drop supplies off to Cody.
While there I repaired a lose deck header board.
jacked my shoulder up by thinking i can still man handle hundreds of pounds at once like when I was 25 :roll:

Left Cheese Eaterville (with a shoulder on fire) and headed to the condos for a final inspection.
Swept out the garage and mopped the kitchen vinyl

Went to my favorite music store and ordered a particular cymbal stand I want

Left there to give an estimate on an assisted living group home
The 7 year old contractor grade nylon was "hit", but nothing we're afraid of

They had a competitor's flier they showed me.
it read in part;

"NO HIDDEN CHARGES!!
3 rooms (up to 250sf pr rm), spotted, deep scrubbed, steam cleaned, deo included $64.99
NO HIDDEN CHARGES"

My quote was over 3 times his price.
I didn't bad mouth the dude (I don't know him)
I simply assured them they would be satisfied with our service and after a little schmooze to flirting with the "house mom", I closed the sale for all the carpet and THEN closed the sale on all the upl

..L.T.A.

John Watson

Job 1. Cleaned 3 brs, Hall and set of stairs, $245 MT unit, refused to do Living room they will replace. All carpets 1 yr old cheap junk, lower level total delamination. They had to evict prev tennants, 17 adults living in unit.
Done in 1 1/2 hrs. Helen and I went to pizza factory for lunch.

Job 2. Cleaned TA's in bath, bedroom, small office and small livingroom (less than 150 sqft)$148.00 20 minutes.
(We squeezed this job in today, We cleaned her neighbor yesterday, I was goig to say she is like a walk up to the van, But, No This one Helen went and snagged, started talking about gardening, told her we were at neighbors cleaning carpets and stone entry. She said we must be good cause her neighbors only use the best.)

Job 3. Mt 2 bedroom Rental house $200, 45 minutes,

Job 4. TA's in 2 bedrooms and small TV room $181.00 30 minutes.

Just finished watching our new VP, What a gal

Bob Foster

Job #1 run of the mill nylon lr dr hall stairs - using new wand technique for a few jobs now - no more half wand width extraction passes - works well.

Job #2 My favorite carpet retailer referal - piss and poo spots on a 3 month old non-dyed natural wool wall to wall. Cross yer fingers - cleaned using a spotting machine with JJ and neurtaualized O2 extraction rinse. Because it was natural I did want to put too much crap in the carpet - I think I got it. Spots were there for 3 days.

But - When I saw the installation I almost gagged. I asked if my retailer send out their installer. The customer said no. I said good because my retailers installers wouldn't do such a bad job. I told them to get back the contractors low bid installer and have them re-kick the place and not to charge them because it sucked. This new ocean front home was full of this wool carpet.

Natural wool carpet looks very nice especially with the flecks in it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
First job 6 stairs and two rooms-105.00-1 hour
second job 5 rooms and stairs-189.00-1hour 45 min (extended family)
third job-4 rooms plus hall and stairs 156.00 1.5 hours

all and all nothing too great but probably $900.00 plus in cali.

Keith

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mikey P said:

Kevin P said:
What did you use on the slate?

see!!! Cleaning vid.

Keith

The Preacher

one small water extraction, picked up a boat load o money thats been out a couple weeks, had new tires put on the front of the van and the front end aligned. went to church and came home!!!

PS tomorrow is 3 cleaning jobs and a JV football game. friday is 2 cleaning jobs and a Varsity football game. Saturday is 3 youth games, a small commercial job and a bunch of friends over for BBQ ribs!!!

G

Actually, Im just curios,you can use acid on natural slate so I was just asking which way he went.

Kevin

Able 1

Name
Keith
Kevin P said:
Actually, Im just curios,you can use acid on natural slate so I was just asking which way he went.

Kevin

Damn!

Mikey P

Administrator
A very light residue of a past topical was present so we used an acrylic finish stripper, turboed at 700psi then acid cleaned followed by more Turboing.

Some residue remained in the crevices so we whipped Acetone over it and pow! Gone!

Came back the next day and used Dry Treat Enhancer to bring it back to better then new IMO.

PITA to buff off the excess though. Synthetic bonnets would not pick up the left over so we had to use cotton. Ever seen what Slate does to Cotton?

What a mess. Vaccumed up easy though.

Cleaned a sofa, love lounge and 2 chairs there yesterday as well.

Jose Smith

Two jobs. Both carpet cleaning.

JOB 1-Arrived at 9:30. Cleaned carpet for $450

Lunch at Jack N The Box.

JOB 2-Arrived at 12:30. Cleaned carpet for $700

Got gas. Dropped of asst. Home by 4:30

G

Im wondering if you could have skipped the the stripper,just for tlme sake,and ya I bet those pads were messy,its like a big pumas.

Kevin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
First job tile and grout........( will some one please invent something that works for sealing grout the crap we have now sucks )

second job ........3 level home

down time for about 2.5 hours and then went and did a insurance office....

Walt

1. Sofa and two recliners

2. Large Family Room, 1 large cotton chair, one syn chair, 1 bedroom, 2 cheap rugs

3. Got to job and no access - rescheduled

4. Living Room, Dining room and stairs.

Too many small stops - good day though.

5. looked at used portable - Mytee 1300dx

6. Made spotter labels for Pug "rescue" Fundraiser. 24 Free bottles

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom