Wand Marks! Professional or Unprofessional?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have had the oppurtunity to work with multiple carpet cleaners over the course of my career. It seems that i have recieved a lot of different opinions regarding this topic. I believe that it is unprofessional to leave a bunch of diamond shaped wand marks behind and it can also look like you are trying to hide something I always rake out!. Please give me your opinion on this.

We basically groom out wand marks.

Was raised that way and out of respect for our family we continue that but we just believe if we can get it to look more like the day it was installed the better.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
What about commercial carpet, do you groom that? What about Cimex swirls? Asking for a friend? What about that 25,000 sq. ft. with the Cimex, you groom it?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
On dense pile the swirls are going to be visible and yes we have to or risk that it will be unacceptable to the clients. We have the jumbo groomers that have two heads attached to one handle.

In general the vast majority is not groomed because the swirls do not show when dry.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When cleaning rugs in the shop, the final step before hanging to dry, is to groom and set the nap. Why would we treat the carpet in your home any differently? Having said that, on some of our empty rentals, we don't groom.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Its always a good marketing move to admit the negative. "I clean to 90% of the industry standard. I don't groom BUT I give you diamonds."
:winky:
So, let me understand.
At Chavez Resto & Hatchlings 10% of the total quality is the grooming?
No wonder you guys have to market like banshees :winky:

Hell. Give RA a bonus. Cause he ain't gonna see the wife & kids any time soon.
And please ..... buy that over worked guy some shoes.

20180420_222232-png.79732

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We only groom certain carpets, don’t think it a hack thing but heat setting the diamonds and jet heat streaking is hacking it out.

Mikey P

Administrator
So, let me understand.
At Chavez Resto & Hatchlings 10% of the total quality is the grooming?
No wonder you guys have to market like banshees :winky:

Hell. Give RA a bonus. Cause he ain't gonna see the wife & kids any time soon.
And please ..... buy that over worked guy some shoes.

20180420_222232-png.79732

Rich if you dont give Captain Underpants there a hairlip I'm disowning you..

Reactions: Desk Jockey

greencc

Name
gary
i think straight wand strokes looks better thn the diamond patterns. if you apply protector then a grandi brush or something like it should be used. it spreads the portector into the nap and helps it to dry faster.

you could go by the room and decide. a formal dining room is groomed. but family rooms and bedrooms are going to get foot traffic right away, so straight wand strokes makes it nice until that fades away. i've seen utube videos that show grooming but because it wasn't deep cleaned there is still dirt showing. that doesn't look as good as some diamonds in it.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
res in good shape gets groomed
trashed chit doesn't

as long as wand strokes are straight/square to the world, they don't look "bad" to most.
when they're haphazard they look like a jumbled mess of ugliness

and if you're one that says your custys like the look of RE rotary swirls.....I question your or your custy's sanity......

..L.T.A.

steve_64

Being a one man show I don't groom as often as I should. I'm tired at the end if the job and just want my money!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don’t understand how grooming lifts the pile any more than the good suction of a wand on the pull back

Name
jack zerkie
I stopped grooming when I turned 75 so now they just get a really clean and dry carpet and most people ask how soon can I vacuum even after grooming. My advise is to wait a day and also clean the brush on your vacuum. Now that's for the home owners the renters say I don't have a vacuum . jz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom