Wand Technique

foosballnerd

Name
Rick
What are the different wand techniques in HWE? From the pics, vids, and endless reading till the brain is fried, it appears the operator is only moving a few steps front and back, then either L to R or R to L. So in a cleared room 20 X 20, a person would start in the corner and... The reason I ask is because the self contained units you drag till you can't, then start at the top again. I'm still doing the drag till you can't (then I come home before GF, get the size 11.5 shoes off with 6" heels, hide the dress...It tis only a joke, ah crap, am I the only one that cracks up at my jokes? WTH I'm going for broke: them darn shoes were killing me :) . Sorry. My post is serious. I already know when I post, I'm going to get the jokes thrown back at me (and I deserve it), but I'm also going to get some really good advice too. Thank you.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't know what kind of machine you're using to power the suction, so I'm gonna tell you how to use your wand on the safest way.

Start at the furthest point away from the entrance:
-Push your wand forward without pulling the trigger (Dry pass)
-Pull the wand back to you while pulling the trigger at a slower speed (wet pass)
-Push the wand forward again in the same line to extract as much as you can (dry pass)
-Pull it back to you (dry pass), and reposition it halfway over to the right or left
-Repeat
-After about 10 of these passes, go back and do just dry passes over what you did

If you have a lot of suction, you can do a wet pass in the initial push and pull forward and backwards to flush out more soil. Just make sure you do dry passes after every wet pass

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Obviously wanding techniques are developed and different carpet types need different wanding.

If you have a CRB or 175, wanding becomes easier on all carpets.

I just wanted to shout out to @Erik for my new 15 inch Zipper wand. Its a great setup and I love it. I'm able to clean larger living spaces fast an effiecient.

Like Matt said go to the farthest point work your way out. I don't like walking over areas I've cleaned.

I would say a slow back stroke on berber is best, on nylon you could go forward and back ward with the water.

The real key is the dry stroke on all carpets. Always overlap an inch or two you'll be fine.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Ron K

Doing Residential with the Zipper I Clean my way in Dry my way out. Wet(trigger on) front and back then dry all the way in and just "lawn mower" my way out. Drying times are phenomenal! Even with a ProChem Legend. Don't ask about my wanding technique I'm a 1"1/2er!
Nate chimes in in 3.......2...........1.........!

Name
Nate W.
@Ron K You use a whip line on the Zipper? :eekk:

51AA6-iGQYL.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Never lift your wand.
Pull and spray to rinse.
Push a drying stroke, shift half right, pull to rinse.
Shift half left, push a drying stroke, and it forms an overlapping pattern.
Repeat until the room is clean.

If you didn't prevac and clear the floor, you are a typical professional.

If you did, you are a real cleaner.

If you post long videos, you are gonna get excommunicated.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Isn't the right wand technique the one that brings the bacon home?

Unless Olefin, I clean wet both ways. It flushes really well. Three strokes overlapping about two inches and follow with dry passes.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Isn't the right wand technique the one that brings the bacon home?

Unless Olefin, I clean wet both ways. It flushes really well. Three strokes overlapping about two inches and follow with dry passes.

The other thing about staying on the trigger is it builds more heat at the wand.

Reactions: Lint Basket

foosballnerd

Name
Rick
It's a porty The wand is a V10. Before you disembowell me, let me explain. Had a 18" spinning wand. Heavy, cumbersome, capable of wrecking some molding. Got the V10, liked the back and forth brush vs the spinning one way. The 2 vacs couldn't handle 18" on recovery. V10 on the end of that hose, everything improved (without sounding queer: smaller head, better suction/cfm, spray increase in smaller area). And why do you talk to me? For knowledge, from you guys. I've honestly paid my dues in this industry. Promote CC, every chance I get. Someone wants to rent a CC, I recommend not and they call a professional. I have mixed emotions on that though: at least they are interested in getting their carpets cleaned, which is a step in the right direction. I already have a job outside this industry, working 12 hrs a night, 3 days one week and 4 nights the next week. I was never wanting to be the next king of clean, ever. Honest work for honest pay, and a happy customer is all I want gentlemen. To the guy that posted the fooz vid(yep, I can call it fooz, because I've paid my dues there too), try not to let them spin the rods, please.

foosballnerd

Name
Rick
tornardo2.png

Wow! Took my dumbness forever to figure out how to post this. In fact it was so long I forgot the funny comment I was going to post. And just under that beautiful table is some berber that I am locked in mortal combat with, and I'm losing (wicking beating ricky's rear, but only in a few spots now). I just gave away the previous coin op table, just like this one. I would have rather of gave it to you Sam than the dude who got it. In that vid the table almost looks a Deutscher Meister. I got some buddy's stopping by this evening to twist some rods, and then we're going to play foosball (come on, that's funny, right?). I'll try to get a short vid to bore you guys with. Question - tips. The old wand (which is way newer than a Deutscher Meister original) I have, has two 6 tips (of course it was made for a Dr), with high PSI (400 plus), most wands (from my research, yes I did go to college at google) max out at 6, and some less, or more. I already ordered some 4's and 5's, even with the 4's, I'm still at an 8, which I'm thinking is larger than what you guys use (no jokes please, and by the way, Nate has the best pic out of all of us). Most of you run TM's, I'm betting. Superior PSI, along with the capabilities to remove a tattoo off skin recovery, why would someone decrease the tips size when you have the capabilities to recover it, easily. The Doc is probably dropping 40 psi, thru two 6's, makes 12. I've looked at the charts (vee jet, tee jet, etc...). Is it really a mathematical equation on tips? Enlighten me please. And enzymes for residential, please point me in the correct direction. The next question will be encap.

Reactions: jcooper

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
View attachment 68356

Wow! Took my dumbness forever to figure out how to post this. In fact it was so long I forgot the funny comment I was going to post. And just under that beautiful table is some berber that I am locked in mortal combat with, and I'm losing (wicking beating ricky's rear, but only in a few spots now). I just gave away the previous coin op table, just like this one. I would have rather of gave it to you Sam than the dude who got it. In that vid the table almost looks a Deutscher Meister. I got some buddy's stopping by this evening to twist some rods, and then we're going to play foosball (come on, that's funny, right?). I'll try to get a short vid to bore you guys with. Question - tips. The old wand (which is way newer than a Deutscher Meister original) I have, has two 6 tips (of course it was made for a Dr), with high PSI (400 plus), most wands (from my research, yes I did go to college at google) max out at 6, and some less, or more. I already ordered some 4's and 5's, even with the 4's, I'm still at an 8, which I'm thinking is larger than what you guys use (no jokes please, and by the way, Nate has the best pic out of all of us). Most of you run TM's, I'm betting. Superior PSI, along with the capabilities to remove a tattoo off skin recovery, why would someone decrease the tips size when you have the capabilities to recover it, easily. The Doc is probably dropping 40 psi, thru two 6's, makes 12. I've looked at the charts (vee jet, tee jet, etc...). Is it really a mathematical equation on tips? Enlighten me please. And enzymes for residential, please point me in the correct direction. The next question will be encap.

Wow!! feeling my age!
My table is not that setup. I learned and still have the variety with only one man on the goal. Learned in the campus bars at )OSU when when a kid. !!
Love the shots on goal from the goalie!!!!

Reactions: jcooper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom