Wand Technique

foosballnerd

Name
Rick
Anybody miss me? Probably not. Got the new tips (05 and 04) for the V10, 30 days later after ordering. And Hi Brian, thanks for the info. Did the bucket test for 06 (were old) vs new 04, measured water, and goodness, it was interesting the 9 0z less water in 30 seconds at 170psi thru 15' of hose. I going to get some 03, skip the bucket/water amount test, and clean some carpets, which will be volunteer work again (these people were never going to call a pro to begin with, but I got to get my research in). I like Prochem, not sure about the Oxy-Plus at larger doses (the first one I bought recommended 1/4 to 1/2 per gal, the 1/4 worked great, the 2nd I bought recommended 1/2 to 1, just let me say the traffic area is lighter in the man closet than it use to be). The XL333 worked awesome (slightly higher Ph?). The liquid dry slurry was not so awesome. Slurry left gummy stuff in the measuring cup that pulled up like it was all attached when my finger touched it, 333 didn't. The do some training with a real company, it's not going to happen, sorry. The ruin 4K to 8K carpet? Can't see that happening either. I'll walk away from anything too pricey for me, and recommend they call a Pro: "Mrs BMW, I'm not the guy for the job, sorry. Call someone local, tell them your concerns, etc...) There is no chance of me competing with TM equipment, or superior equipment in general. Never ever did want to compete with the big boys. If someone wants to rent a extractor and chems that I may know thru someone: "Hi." I got a funny recent sorry. Disclaimer, everything I say is real, even the crappy jokes. I tried using the debit card, denied. Went to ATM denied with code, checked meager savings - denied. Called the bank, and there was activity on my card they were suspect about and they shut the card down. "Why?" "Did you order...?" "Nope." "How about...Yes, that's me." "Did you order ?ike (I can't hear on my phone to save my life)?" "?ike." "Did you say Mike, as in Mikeys? I'm on a forum and," She's say no Nike as in Nikey shoes! Oh, no I didn't order any shoes... The debit card issues had nothing to do with this board at all. Thanks for putting up with me guys.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Funny how you can go through phases, for months you can be 100% CRB and wand extract, next phase 100% rotary extract, then back to scrub wanding.

When you scrub wand it is a different mentality then just extracting. Your back and legs are the agitation. If using employees it would be best to just train them to always crb first as they may not focus on the detail it takes to scrub wand correctly.

Matt pretty much nailed it with the first post reply. I will just add to it by saying.
(Sorry if I repeat what someone else wrote as I only read the 1st page mostly and skimmed through the next 3 pages.)

1. Stay straight up straight back always even in your dry passes. No V pattern
2. Trigger spray up and back, let off trigger 3" before the end of the back stroke so you help prevent a water line.
3. 50% overlap and repeat.
4. work in 4 ft sections.
5. Dry pass 50% overlap back over the section and then 100% (no overlap, maybe an inch) groom drypass back over to finish the section.
6. Pay special attention to grungy high traffic areas and spots, scrub flush the shit out of those areas, dry pass the shit out of those areas, then give it a couple more dry pass groom strokes.
7. Groom brush the carpet.
Note: 4' sections serve many purposes but most importantly it helps get faster recovery for better dry times verses going all the way across the room and then all the way back for your dry pass. Also it helps retain the heat in your solution line more consistently as well. Plus your focus is is much more centralized.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom