"WANDS"!

minuteman

On January 2nd I called Greenie and asked him how I might "Tweak" my Genesis 56 to get more out of her with a few of the thing's I have heard about on "Mikey's Board", we talked about everything, and at the end it boiled down to,... "Start with the Wands"! "I"ll set you up a couple, ship them to you (for a 5,500 sq ft. I had to do on the following Saturday) and you let me know what you think of them". Come Friday UPS was a no-show and I was really looking forward to those wands so I called Greenie and he said not to worry, My Wife and I will drop them off at your job site on our way through too LAX to pick up a friend of ours from Australia.

Saturday morning I was at the the job site for about 15 minute's talking to the custodian about the New Wands I was going to test drive that day when Greenie and his lovely wife showed up along with the "New Wands" . A 16" 3 jet with Green-glide, # PMF703 16" and a 14" 5 jet with Green-glide #CMP14LPS , both are 2" "S" wands. He told me "up the juice a bit and test them out and let me know what you think of them and be careful with the 16"er its a "Man's Wand", "your going to know you worked the day after using it". They were on a tight time scheduled so they where off in a flash.

I tried the 14" 5 jet first on a loose lay that had always given me trouble, its wrinkled for some reason and when you put a regular wand to it, it binds and lifts the carpet so as to stumble your stroke at the wrinkles, well, I was impressed right off the bat, it flowed right over it "smooth as silk" and vac with the glides was great it sounded as though I had double the air flow at the head of that wand, to make sure I did a hand test on that 20' by 15' and sure enough it was dryer than with a regular wand , after that I moved on to some commercial glue down and went at, that wand worked out so well I couldn't believe it, no matter which direction I went, no wand chatter and no matter how much juice I applied it sucked right up, I was done at this sight so went to check the loose lay before I moved on to a 5,000sqft'er I had to go and do, about a half hour had passed and it was almost completely dry-"Yup shes a keeper".

Grabbed some lunch and rolled up on a the 5,000sqft'er glue down around 1:15 P.M., got set up and took the 16"er "Mans Wand" for a test run, again I was impressed right off the bat, great vac at the head, I could go in any direction and no wand chatter, I was done at 4:10 P.M. and I went upstairs to check the carpets to see how they were drying,.. I couldn't believe it, almost completely dry! I called the custodian to lock down the building and when he showed around 4:35 P.M. I told him to check the carpets, he came out to my van and said "you didn't clean that carpet you just vac'd it didn't you" - "its to dry", that is when I asked him " do you think I should buy the wands I tested out today" all I heard was "Hell Yes", "What a Difference"! And I can't agree more!

"It nice to find a product and a company that lives up to what you have heard about it".

If any one hasn't tried one of Greenies wands well you are really missing out, by far the "Best" ! "And the service is Equal"!
And "yes" I had to put "Tiger Balm" on my wrist this weekend.
Greg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Have you ever tried a 16 inch castex wand?
It has all the goodies all ready designed into it.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Once you have cleaned with a real wand you will never go back. Have Greenie help you with a 2.5" conversion and you will think that Gen 56 is taken steroids.
Glad to hear ya liken the man wand.

Rex Tyus

Greg,

if you do try out a castex wand, make sure you don't show it to your janitor friend. He might steal it from you. :lol:

Are you going to get the 703 and the greenhorn or are you going to pick just one?

Rex

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Minuteman;

I'm surprised the 16" worked well on the glue down.

It must have been a VERY level floor under the carpet to handle a 16" wide wand.

A lot of the glue-downs I've been on, have dips in the floor which leave some moisture untouched.

Glad it worked well on your jobs.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

minuteman

Hi all, Thanks for all your impute, I have never heard of a Castex Wand, I'll do a search on the net latter and check them out. The 2.5 conversion will be done or at least tried in a few weeks, I have at least two things to do first; a mini tac and a new water pressure regulator or I'll just put new O rings in the one I have, the vibes from the machine caused it to f up on the black turn handle, needs a better mount.

I went ahead and got both wands today. I think they are "Great"!

Greg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom