Wands

Rex Tyus

Glad to but most of the guys here will see this as redundant. Where have you been?

It is common knowledge. But just for you...

Cleanco Quad 56 The quad is for 4 glyco heat exchangers, the 56 is for roots 56 DSL. The Cleanco sets the blower practically right in the recovery tank, with a 4" intake to match the 4" intake on the blower it self. It has twin 2.5" stainless blower filters, and I sport the prototype 2.5" dual offset 90 hose intake ports from Greenglides. The pressure pump is a Cat 5cp and the blower speed is 95% of max with 12"of lift. I run 2.5" hose with a 20 foot 2" lead to the world famous 2" X 14" Greenhorn wand with various interchangeable Greenglides. I also use Parker parflex hose. I have purchased but not yet installed (cause I am a procrastinating lazy ass redneck) a serious afterburner from Greenglides as well.

Did I miss anything?

FastEddie

"Let me try again. The hole glide increases slot velocity because it is at the slot"

Hey Rex, great post, I'm soaking it in. But why only 12hg of lift for a big blower?

TimP

What you guys aren't getting you don't want restriction at your wand. You want it at the carpet fiber. You want your HG to be as low as possible with the wand hooked up not touching the fiber. That means everything is flowing better and faster. Remember all of your systems should hit the pop off of your valve once you place it on the carpet. The least amount of restriction means that all the energy from your blower is being transferred to the carpet and not being restricted by a smaller wand tube. What I'm saying is you'll get your hg's when you're cleaning but it will all be caused by the carpet and not the wand. Better air flow means dryer carpet you only have so much lift and it's going to be used regardless.

Rex Tyus

But why only 12hg of lift for a big blower

Because that is all the clutch will handle. Cleanco is working on finding a clutch that will hold a higher lift setting with out sacrificing CFM as other clutch drive manufacturers do. Cleanco will readily tell you if you aren't going to do significant dual wanding get the 47 vs the 56.

diamond brian said.
I wouldn't call Rex a big blower Eddie--he's just trying to share his infinite knowledge with us.

If you are having trouble keeping up I can type slower if you think it will help.

Steve Smith

Rex,

Do you have one or two silencers on your Cleanco?

How big (dimensions) is the silencer on your Cleanco?

Thanks.

Rex Tyus

Steve,

One silencer. 4" intake. Comes stock with a 3" exit with for some ungodly known reason a 3" to 2.5" elbow to a flex to under the van. The 3 to 2.5 90 comes off easily though. And yes it is as loud as hell. I live in the boondocks with a bunch of rednecks that think the louder the better, so it is all good. :D

You looking to trade up or something? Or do you know someone to embarrassed to ask for themselves?

Rex Tyus

Steve,

I could tell you exactly. But why?

I am flattered by your interest in my "unit".

But, I am straight.

redbird

Hey Greenie!!!!

Got my manifold hooked up yesterday. HOLLY CRAP!

I am anxious to try it on a job.

Sorry this didn't have anything to do with this post but I thought you may be watching it. Thanks again Jim

Steve Smith

Rex,

I was curious if the silencer was large enough to handle to cfm of a 56 blower.

No biggie.
Thanks.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I got my Greenhorn wand a short time ago and what really stands out to me is its ability to recover water. Ive cleaned for about 8 years mostly using a 1.5 PMF802. typically @ about 400PSI 06 flow. With the Greenhorn's 5 02's (1GPM?) @ 525PSI I for some reason don't feel like I'm using as much solution as I used to with my Pmf. I'm sure it has to do with the 3 more angled jets not leaving as big a bead on a forward stroke. But what really knocked me out was how much water I used on a small 5 room (Berber) job. At about 90% done my 100 Gal waste tank was full. As I was leaving the carpet was very close to being dry!
I don't have a huge blower (Sutorbilt 4.0) but I get an average 15 in of lift with very little leaking from a spring relief valve.

I really like the Greenhorn, but It does take a little getting used to if you've never used a 14 wide, 2 in tube. Its a BIG wand! I feel like Ive stepped up to a new level of cleaning.

Now if I could just find some vac hose that doesn't rob my blower of 4-5 inch's of lift the moment its hooked up.

TimP

Greenie has hose for your problem as well. And an available port upgrade to 2.5" hose. In addition he also has precision valves for your blower. As far as I can tell they are much better than any spring valve, I don't have one yet. If you want to get the most from your truck give Greenie a call and he will definitely set you up with what works best for your machine.

Oh and for using so much water you may want to speed up your wet strokes it should speed up your cleaning some.

BillC

Call or pm Greenie, he will tell you what you need to do to wake your machine up. It can get pricey but its A LOT cheaper than upgrading to a bigger TM. I'm getting all of his parts/hoses and his 14" wand for my new Boxxer 421 and when I get everything done (up the RPM and up the vacuum to 15) it will be one bad little machine!! CAN'T WAIT!! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom