warranty repair work on van with direct drive installed

Joeclean49

Name
Joseph Kelly
have a 2016 cleanco 47 in my 2015 chevy express van.

Going to GM dealer tomorrow to have them check out some bottom end engine noise in van.

Anything I can bring that says the cleaning machine doesn't void my van warranty?
Any suggestions on having this go smoothly.

Also, I've done most of my own oil changes due to their frequency.
How do you prove that? I can bring my cleanco maintenance log book but
no receipts unless you count buying the oil and filters.

Thanks!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I guarantee Chevrolet will point at Cleanco. It's their first gut reaction. You'll have to get your Distributor involved.
He'll get Cleanco involved.

It's a process.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Other than this, any other (past)issues with van or cleanco?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Both my vans have had issues with the serpentine belts squealing. 1st van has been fixed. New one is in process. TCS has been outstanding to deal with on this.

Chevrolet... not so much.

Joeclean49

Name
Joseph Kelly
My first experience with a van under warranty possibly needing work. Will see.
kind of a tapping sound coming from down in back ( rear of oil pan area) also has been using more oil.

unrelated to my current problem but since your talking about it..
I've also had belt squealing issues too from the beginning. Went back to cleanco installers and they worked on alignment with their laser tool. It was better, but new belt eventually started making noise too.
let me know how you fix yours.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I had a Prochem Direct which was a Cleanco in disguise .. I had to have my flywheel on my 04 Chevy replaced twice all under 600 hours of use along with clutch, bearings, shaft etc and Im guessing it may have been misaligned

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Had a chucklehead put the serpentine inside out on my Dodge van.

"It gives more contact area."

In a kind tone of voice I said "See those grooves in every single pulley? They match the grooves on the belt. You want the grooves to come together, like in your hat and your head."

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Both my vans have had issues with the serpentine belts squealing.

I've also had belt squealing issues too from the beginning. Went back to cleanco installers and they worked on alignment with their laser tool. It was better, but new belt eventually started making noise too.

I had to have my flywheel on my 04 Chevy replaced twice all under 600 hours of use along with clutch, bearings, shaft etc and Im guessing it may have been misaligned

Wow, I was hoping a direct drive would be significantly less hassle than dealing with a slide in. Apparently the "issues" are much larger when they do have a problem.

Imagine if this stuff was happening out of warranty with payments left... Ugggggg, unacceptable whatever type of tm it is.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Wow, I was hoping a direct drive would be significantly less hassle than dealing with a slide in. Apparently the "issues" are much larger when they do have a problem.

Imagine if this stuff was happening out of warranty with payments left... Ugggggg, unacceptable whatever type of tm it is.

I am SO glad I don't work with carpet cleaners.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

It all comes down to who did the installation. When everything is installed according to manufacturers specs, they are usually trouble free except for maintenance. Most pto units outlast the van they are installed in.

Reactions: jcooper

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
jcooper said: ↑
I am SO glad I don't work with carpet cleaners.

I find the fact that both of your brand new 60k machines have been in the shop for not operating correctly unacceptable.

Yea, might just be something small "needs adjustment", whatever...

Tony Wilson

Name
Tony Wilson
Still on the fence with what my next rig will be. On my 3rd slide in. (Everest 408). Considering a new CDS and hydro well for the space savings. One of our local cleaners had an issue with his new chevy van and the dealer saw the cds install and bla bla bla. Installer and hydramaster had to get involved and I guess it was resolved. Too bad the van powered truck mount company's that install in gm vehicles couldn't have some sort of protocol or agreement set up officially with GM that all the dealers are in the know about. Vehicles are going to need services recalls etc in and out of warranty. When we're down with a truck issue we want to be back up and working again fast. Not waiting around while the service department is pointing fingers at clutch assembly's and drive shafts. Whew. My thumbs hurt now. Lol

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hey Steve....I've noticed that yous ain't as friendly anymore. ....
Has Genny ratted me out for calling her behind yor back......

steve_64

Hey Steve....I've noticed that yous ain't as friendly anymore. ....
Has Genny ratted me out for calling her behind yor back......
Sorry Bob just been busy around here. Doing a lot of painting in the house,giving things a new look.

You have all my respect my friend.
And Genny sends hugs.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ohh Steve I'm jus rattling yor chain a little. ...
But I do lik the Genny hugs. ...best wishes to both yous kids......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom