Waste tank leak

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I have a bx 427, about 5 years old w 700 hrs. The waste tank developed a leak a while back and it is getting worse. I can see all four sides of tank and no holes, no leaking where screws or bolts are, so I'm guessing it has to be on the bottom somewhere. I know I will have to take tank out and check out bottom. What is bothering me is, I have filled the tank up with water a couple of times and it won't leak. But it will leak big time when I'm on a job. It doesn't matter if machine is on or not, it will leak. Could someone please explain this to me why I can't get it to leak at home. I know it sounds stupid, but driving me nuts. TIA

Greenie

miksar said:
.. But it will leak big time when I'm on a job. It doesn't matter if machine is on or not, it will leak. Could someone please explain this to me why I can't get it to leak at home. I know it sounds stupid, but driving me nuts. TIA

What? It will only leak at job?

And it leaks even when UNDER vacuum?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
could be the angle that it set at your house..steep drive..??......tilted to one side..??
try parking it different

Spurling

How about when the vacuum is on it causes the tank to squeeze in and expose hairline cracks which water will leak out.. might be on the bottom

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Spurling said:
How about when the vacuum is on it causes the tank to squeeze in and expose hairline cracks which water will leak out.. might be on the bottom

the constant vac flex can sho-nuff cause cracks at the welds, but I've never seen a tank leak under vac, cause it sucks air "in" thru the cracks

couple questions

are you "sure" the leak is from the waste tank?
cause it seems odd as hell you can't make it leak at home.

Is it every time, all the time now?
or did it just happen and you just tried to find the leak at home?

any hot water by-pass lines going to waste tank?
maybe your leak is there and that's why it only leaks while working?

..L.T.A.

Greenie

He said it leaks while running or Not.

Tells me it can't be the actual waste tank, I think MeAt is on the right path.

But the not leaking at home thing.........I assume he was saying he's ran it and not run it at home....same result. Now I'm thinking he didn't run it for very long at home.....so it only leaks when HOT!

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Update, I removed the waste tank, that was fun, there were a couple tiny holes on the bottom. They quickly became bigger as I was washing out the tank. This was on Christmas day, all businesses are closed, but I had some JB Weld, water weld stuff, so I ground off all the rust around those two as well as some more suspect areas and applied the JB stuff. I had a small job today and everything held up. I'm crossing my fingers, if it happens again, now that I know how to get the tank out, I'll get someone to weld the heck out of it. Still don't know why I couldn't get it to leak at home though. There was a lot of sludge and junk in bottom, (I think previous owner might have run the machine without the filter bags on, there were many paper clips, nails, etc. rusting on the bottom) maybe the junk was covering the holes?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom